Chapter Eleven

"So remember Me, I will remember you." Quran; suratul: Baqarah.

Verily in the remembrance of Allah, do the hearts find ease. (I am not sure, but i think this is also a verse)
May Allah forgive and grant us Jannah, Amin.

Hammannurs pov

"...Toh Malam a ina zamu hadu?(...Okay malam, where are we gonna meet?)" I catch the end of my mothers words, she is speaking on the phone.

And so i lean back just outside her room to hear more, the person from the other line is obviously speaking because my mother is mute for almost 3 mins.

"Eh nagane, amma ka tabbatar da zaiyi aiki?(yea i get, but are you certain that it is going to work?)" She asks, pacing her room.

Who is she talking to?
And what will work?

"Toh shikenan, aiko account number din ka, sai in ka gama mu hadu sai na karba(Alright then, send your account number, we shall meet when you're done so I'll collect it)" The malam said something and she hangs up,

"Zasu gani(they'll see)" And i walk inside her room, she is sitting on her bed now.

"Good afternoon Hajiya," I greet with a smile, i don't want her to notice that i eavesdrop.

"Hammannur how is work?" She asks, i just came back from the office for lunch and i don't think I'll be going back.

"Alhamdulillah Hajiya, it is hectic sha." She smiled at me before patting the space beside her. "Sit,"

I sit beside her and she touch my face, then her hands move to my arm; "Do you eat at all?" She asks worriedly.

I hold her hands; "I do mum, don't worry too much,"

"Why am i finding it hard to believe?" She narrows her eyes at me and i let out a chuckle; "You should, now smile," I caress her cheeks and she smiled.

"This is more like it." I said with a smile as well.

We talk for some time, she even made me laugh, May Allah guide her to the straight path, all of us.

"Hajiya bazaki yadda ba, wannan Alhajin ya biya ni rabin kudi na, saura kada-(Hajiya you won't believe this, that Alhaji gave me half my amount, i almost-)" Zainab immediately stopped talking when her eyes lands on me.

I stood up with a shake of my head; "What, cat caught your tongue?" I ask my sister, taking dangerous steps close to her. "We're listening, you almost did what?"

She hiss and walk pass me; "Hammannur you can go now," Hajiya says and i walk out of the room.

I stay just outside her door again, Zainab must be very mad, who said prostituting is the solution? I am definitely gonna tell baba, we need to do something abou-

"Zainab na samu Malam din da zai mana komai cikin sauki( Zainab i found a Malam that would do everything to us very easily)" Hajiya starts telling her daughter.

And omg, now i understand the phone call she made.

"Dan Allah-"

"What are you doing here?" I hear Babas voice and i flinch, "Em..nothing,"

"Okay, is Hajiya inside?" He asks, attempting to open her door, "Yes, i need to talk to you," I hold his hand, almost dragging him.

He glare at me; "I'm sorry boss man, lets just go." And with that i let go of his hands and we start walking towards his room.