S I X T E E N

"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒕 𝒖𝒔

"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒕 𝒖𝒔."

"𝑳𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎. 𝑩𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒖𝒔 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒐𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒏."

When Y/n arrived at the suite, she saw Lily and Madame CeCe already there.

"You are late! We have so much to do. Today is the most important day!" Madame CeCe practically shoved the two girls into their respective rooms. Everything was to be as extravagant as possible. Normally, the girls would enjoy a hot bath with scented water and scattered petals. The soap was handmade, and their ladies in waiting washed them. Today, they were fully scrubbed from head to toe with a rock.

"It buffs the skin so well, you will be shiny when you get out!" At least that was what Madame CeCe said. 

When they got out, they were slathered in creme and gifted a full body massage. 

"You need to be loose and limber!"

They had to wear their makeup today. They were powdered and rouged with their lips painted glorious shades of red. 

"To tantalize! We are finding you both rich men tonight!"

Finally, their hair was twisted and pulling into elaborate braids and curls.

"This will be the hair that all the ladies will want to wear soon, and you two have done it first!" Of course, it wouldn't fit the girls if they didn't have something pretty in their hair. As per usual, Lily's was adorned in fragrant flowers while Y/n wore gold in her hair.

"Now for the dresses!" After that full-body attack, they were more than ready to see the outfits they had been most excited for. When Madame CeCe pulled the dresses from her trunk, they were speechless. These were dresses fit for queens.

Lily's dress might have been a wedding dress if they didn't know better

Lily's dress might have been a wedding dress if they didn't know better. It was made entirely of white silk with delicate gold embroidery. The main body of the dress fell in waves while the back held a long train that started from the bottom of the corset. The shoulders and the bust held delicate gold lace that framed her upper body. A large white rose rested in the middle and diamonds were sewn onto the frame itself. She even had gloves made with the same silk and lace. 

"This piece of jewellery was gifted to you by Prince Ushijima, Liliana. He had someone deliver it to me when I arrived. I don't want to say it looks like a betrothal gift, so I will think it in my head until I discover the news tonight." Lily was blushing furiously while the two girls stared at the large diamond necklace in shock. The chain was gold but the diamonds glowed a vibrant silver, matching her dress beautifully. 

"Lily, if you don't marry this man, I will kill you." Y/n had yet to remove her gaze from the stunning necklace but now, she was more than ready to see her own dress.

" Y/n had yet to remove her gaze from the stunning necklace but now, she was more than ready to see her own dress

When Madame CeCe pulled Y/n's dress out, she was almost blinded. The vibrancy of its gold and the jewel's sewn on sparkled beautifully in the light of the living room. It would be the most intricately sewn dress that she had ever worn. It was made entirely of gold satin that seemed to ripple like water whenever the dress moved, even the slightest. She wanted to know what it would look like when she danced in it. The front held hand-stitched silver threading that would follow the contours of her body. The dress was sewn with rubies and sapphires while the ridges of the corset were sewn with small diamonds that reflected the light in every direction. The sleeves were a delicate tulle along with the neckline that held another diamond in its center. Her own gloves were a simple, tight-fitting satin. 

"For you, Y/n, a diamond necklace as well (pretend they aren't pearls). Not nearly as big as Liliana's but I have compensated with these bracelets." They were a delicate gold, one with a Ruby, the other with a sapphire. Both were encased in small diamonds.

"Madame CeCe... you have outdone yourself. How will you top these dresses?" Y/n asked while her fingers ran over her dress slightly.

"I only make the best for my best customers. Now, let's get these dresses on, shall we?" It took a while for them to put the dresses on considering how they kept stopping to stare at themselves but when they finally did, they were blown away again. "You both go enjoy the night. Request to be announced together so my creations can be displayed at the same time." She gave them a light push out from the suite after handing them both fans. She waved to the girls and they left giggling. Before they reached the ballroom Lily turned to her best friend.

"Y/n, thank you for talking to Wakatoshi. I overheard you in the gardens. You are the best person I have ever known and I love you." They clasped hands before hugging each other.

"I love you too, Lily. I think he is going to ask you to marry him tonight. Please say yes. You deserve his love and he has so much to give to you." Lily nodded at her words, already knowing what her answer would be. "Now, let's go in." 

They whispered to the announcer their request as they waited behind the doors.

"Introducing: Lady Liliana Lancaster of House Lancaster, the Lily of the West and Lady (Y/n)(L/n) of House (L/n), the Heiress of the (L/n) legacy." The doors opened widely for both of them and you could hear the collective gasp in the room. It was then at that very moment that all the other women fully realized they had no chance. Judging by the expensive jewellery that sat on Liliana's neck and the way (Y/n) shimmered with every step, they knew there wasn't a chance they would end up as the queen. 

Everyone couldn't help but stare in awe as they descended. They didn't stop to speak to those in the crowd. A path was cleared for them as they moved in front of the king to which they curtsied low.

"Your Grace."

"Rise ladies and stand beside me again before my boys come and take you away." they laughed lightly and joined the king at his side. Eyes remained on them and they were well aware. It felt great to be admired.