15- come again soon!

-one hour later-

honestly, what did i expect to come out of my little investigation? was i just hoping that the train was, in fact, full of normal old people?

somewhat, but that clearly wasnt the case.

after piecing together the puzzle and finding that mista had aged some, the only logical assumption i still had was for the cause of all of this is at the fault of a stand user. of course, the user wasnt going to make themselves obvious, and if they are able to age other people quicker, they most likely can age themselves as well..

i passed up and down the train cars, ignoring the prying eyes from the few of the people still conscious. its most likely they knew who i was despite my change in outfit, which im thankful for since it tells them to leave me be. 

on my third passing from inspecting the train cars, i had noticed that one of the passengers was sitting rather stiff. by stiff, i dont mean he looked uptight, but it more so seemed like he was anxious or nervous, like he was awaiting the results for a job interview. even stranger, the man was wearing the same slutty suit as the one that stood outside my shop earlier, and even held the same hairstyle.

however, this person was old- no! i just came up with the probability of them being a stand user, so why would i just try to dismiss this! dammit, im such an idiot!

i dont want to make it look like i suspect him, because i need him to act before i can draw conclusions. moving on, i left the man sitting there, feeling his disgusting shriveled eyes poking at the back of my neck.

as i reentered the train car with bucciarati and his team, i noted that mista and bucciarati both held ice to themselves, mostly to their foreheads. "man, am i that hot that you need ice to cool yourselves down?" i joked.

"shut the hell up, you monster." bucciarati snarled, glaring knives into my non-existent soul. "there's a stand user somewhere-"

"oh yeah, i already knew that, but why do you have ice on your heads?" i interrupted, taking out three knives to juggle in order to entertain myself.

mista tilted his head. "how are you not old yet? this train car is super hot, and youre wearing cold-weather clothes!"

"can someone elaborate? i have no idea what this crackhead is talking about."

"the stand user, as we found out, is somehow managing to make people in this train age at a significantly quick rate, and the heat around us and them seems to only enhance that. and, with you wearing a turtleneck, cargo pants, and supposedly heavy gear, its just surprising that you arent burning up right now." the edna-mode, dora the explorer, can i speak to your manager lookin' ass explained.

i shifted the knives back into their slots on my hips, peeling back a bit of my sleeve to reveal a thin sheet of [Mr. Fear] wrapped around my arm. "i had already noticed how hot it was here, so i had my stand, whos already cold by the touch, wrap around me to keep me cool! in fact, im a little chilly right now!"

i turned around to face the train car i was once in, my mind wandering back to the peculiar person i had saw earlier today.  "now, if i may excuse myself, i need to go check on something-"

"wait." mista spoke, voice quiet and desperate. "you'll most likely disappear for a while again after this, so i want to ask you a question."

i turned around. "ok, shoot."

"when you killed (y/n), did you make it painful?"

"why would this be a question? werent you the one who beat the shit out of them?" i laughed. "you'd think you'd want it to be painful!"