Chapter 12

Azriel

I had just woken up when Leila embraced me in a hug I was confused but hugged her back. My ears were ringing so I couldn't hear what anyone was saying. Elain burst into the room, pushed Leila off me and hugged me as she cried into my neck. I then remembered that I had a mission that I was on and I stood up from the bed. Feyre put a hand on my chest to stop me. She was talking but the words were muffled so I just laid back down. Elain curled into me crying and I just let her. I didn't have the heart to tell her that my mate was right there. 

Leila snapped at Elain and then fell asleep. I was tired and I'm sure she wanted her bed back. "Az before you go can you lay her under the sheets. I know she doesn't like physical contact but she seems fine with you." Rhysand said a small smile on his lips. I picked up Leila and put her under the sheets. She looked so peaceful laying there. I started to sway and Cass came and hooked his arm around me. I walked back to my room and flopped on the bed.

"So spill," Mor said as she followed Cassian by pulling up a chair.

"About what?" I murmured, head still pounding.

"About Leila, you heard what Rhys said she hates physical contact but the first thing she did was hug you. So is there something going on there?" Mor winked at me.

I was so tired I just wanted them to leave but Feyre walked in, "leave him alone Mor he's probably tired."

Mor huffed a sigh and then I told them, "She's my mate." There were a couple gasps and Cass said something but I was already asleep.

For the next three days Elain kept trying to nurse me back to health. Cass would come home and talk to me because Rhysand put me on bed rest. It was the fourth day and I was sick of this. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed my food and went to the library because I knew everyone was in the dining room and would kill me if they saw me out of bed.

I walked in and stopped right by the door Leila was sitting by the window reading a book and eating a croissant. I turned to go but she said, "You can come in if you'd like. I don't bite." She turned in her chair and smiled at me. I walked over to the table she was sitting at. I put my food down and pulled out my chair.

"I never got to say thank you."

I snapped my head up and looked at her. She was staring at her plate as she pushed her food around. "Thank me for what?" I croaked. It was my first time talking since I had told them she was my mate.

"For coming to save me. I know you were busy but you did it anyway." She sighed "My mind isn't a pretty place but still you went in anyways. Not to mention that I snapped my shields down son you couldn't leave. I didn't mean to but I.." she was rambling and I didn't know how to stop it. I grabbed her hand and squeezed. She finally looked me in the eyes and I saw the tears she was trying to hold in. One fell and with my free hand I wiped it from her check. "I did what I did because I wanted to. I was busy but that doesn't matter. I have other spies to do the work. I understand why you snapped your shields down and I don't blame you, I would have too. I'm just glad your alright." I smiled at her and she gave me a small smile back before she could reply. The door slammed open and Elain walked in. As soon as Leila saw her she got all tense. Elain rushed over to me and started scolding me for getting out of bed. She then sat on my lap and hugged me. She had been doing that a lot, hugging me but I didn't know why.  As if for the first time she noticed Leila there and gave her a small smile.

"How are you Leila?" She asked softly.

"Oh well as good as anyone would be after being in a coma for two weeks," Leila replied just as sweetly. She stood up and gathered her things. "You don't have to go," I told her. "You were here first, we can leave."

She shook her head, "No it's fine I'm sure your girlfriend wants to catch up with you anyways." Before I could tell her Elain was not my girlfriend she was slamming the door shut. Elain looked at me frowning, "I don't think she likes me very much." 

Sorry for the short chapter but the next one will be longer. I've been really struggling with my mental health and school work these past few days but I'm trying to keep getting the chapters up. Also there might be some Nesta and Leila friendship in the next chapter?? there will also be more Azriel and Leila content ( Thank god). I've been updating my Spotify and I have more couple playlists and I also have music if your mate is______. If you have any suggestions for playlists of prompts for my other story let me know.