| Chapter Four |

"Unforgivable!" A blackened figure stated from upon the platform, only lit by the red fire of the torches mounting the towering, flaking walls.

     A single yellow orb pierced the poor shaking dwarf's body as it shone from the head of the figure. Corel could feel his heart beating through his chest causing him to feel as if it could explode at any second, especially if Flagro decided to turn his anger of the situation onto him. His infuriated yelling was already enough to cause the poor dwarf to fear for his life. 

     Like a predator to prey, Flagro crept forwards, glaring down at his underling. A low growl rumbled from him, "That spoiled snake is too clever for Marona, she'd be found out much too quickly before the plan is even put into place. How could you be so stupid to leave her alone?! You utterly worthless bug!" 

     Corel flinched, backing away despite not being within reachable distance of the angered man. The room began to burn hotter. Breathing didn't seem so hard until he faced the menacing air around Flagro. Everything one did in his presence was walking on eggshells; Sharp, white pieces that always seemed to draw just the slightest of blood.

     "Once again, sir, I'm so very sorry. I-It's just that a woman accused me of having an affair with her then another one accused me of manipulating her. They told everyone– Everyone on the royal court those putrid lies! The queen wasn't going to let me stay after that! They had everyone convinced! I had no room for a fair trial!" Corel's voice grew louder as he thought back to that humiliating moment, "I could barely defend myself! If I could've had a chance, I would've found a way to stay to keep Marona in place! Blast that bloody corrupt court and those damn whores! I can't set foot near that disgusting castle now even if I wanted to!"

     His heavy breathing was the only sound in the now silent room. By this time, the air was searing against his body. His hands tremored as he covered his face. Despite the confident vituperation that spilt from his quivering lips, he was fearful of the consequences from them. 

     Flagro finally released a haughty snicker. The dwarf shakily peeked from his hands, seeing a new presence creeping into the room. He couldn't see the face of the newcomer but could tell exactly who they were by the pink hair that curled outwards combined with the powerful floral scent. 

     "What's so funny, my lord?" Hummed Euphrasia. 

     "Just Corel losing his temper. Have you ever seen a tiny little rat screech?" Sniggered Flagro before clearing his throat and reverting to his usual serious manner, "But you came just in time Euphrasia. Corel has been banished from that vulture's abode leaving Marona by herself— That vacuous skamelar. Tell the other three to come, quickly, before she ruins everything." 

     Euphrasia hummed, turning to face Corel with dainty yellow eyes that didn't seem like they belonged to a minacious creature. She gave an alluring smile to him before answering Flagro, "Yes, my lord. Come now, little rat, I'm sure Lord Flagro is growing ill of your attendance." 

•─────⋅☾.•*•.༻❣༺.•*•.☽⋅─────•

     "Your Majesty, perhaps you should give up. Her Majesty will come around." Zulg suggested from beside the man who had the doors to the throne hall shut on him by his wife's lady-in-waiting.

     Helias whipped around to face him with a glower. He truly looked savage, as if he had no civility left in him. All because of the simple words that leaked from the orc.

     " 'Give up?' " He repeated, "No! This is the love of my life! I can't give up now! Every minute without her affection is like torture. It's much more painful than what Duke Lanslot made us go through."