xi. sectionals

Season One. Episode Thirteen. Sectionals

THE WEEK OF THE GLEE CLUB'S VERY FIRST SECTIONALS WAS UPON THEM AND RUBY WAS EXCITED TO GET ON STAGE. However any nerves that Ruby was already feeling about the upcoming competition were thrown to the side by the uneasy feeling she had that the rest of the glee club were keeping something from her and that feeling was bugging her more than any butterflies swimming about inside her about their first big comeptition.

Walking next to Artie, he was being particularly shifty and conversing with her on the most basic of levels and Ruby was really starting to get paranoid that something had been said about her behind her back and that was why everyone was being weird around her.

"Okay. Artie what is going on? Why are you being so weird with me?"

Skidding to a halt Artie's mouth opened and closed multiple times before not actually saying anything at all. Ruby put her hands on her hips and stared him down. She needed to know what was going on before she actually went insane.

"Ohh look there's Puck!" He spat out in a panic and gently shoved her in his direction before racing off away from the pair.

Watching him speed off into the distance, Ruby looked at Puck gobsmacked and hoped he'd give her some answers. "You don't know what's going on with everyone, do you?" 

Puck looked down at the brunette he had recently grown closer too and it pained him not to tell her what was going on but he knew he'd be kicked right back to square one if she knew the real reason everyone was acting so shady. And he really didn't want that to happen and he'd hate to admit it in front of anyone but he had grown to care for the girl stood in front of him so he just shrugged her off and hoped the real news wouldn't get back to her anytime soon.

Wheeling off in the opposite direction from Ruby as fast as he could he party-lined the others as soon as he could. "Dude this is serious! I've just wheeled away from Bee so fast I thought I was going to have a heart attack. If she finds out, she's going to tell Finn. Then add Rachel to the mix, she's a total trout mouth! I'm scared what's going to happen when they both find out about Puck and Quinn." Artie blurted down the phone line.

"I say we lock Rachel up until after Sectionals." Kurt suggested, "I volunteer my basement."

"We can't. We need her to sing." Mercedes reminded him.

"Actually Ruby could easily take her place." Santana interjected. "We just heard. Who told?"

"We assumed it was you?" Artie mumbled.

"And why would I do that?" Santana snapped back defensively.

"To get back at Puck. Aren't you two dating?" Kurt asked.

"Sex is not dating!"

"If it were, Santana and I would be dating!" Brittany said, sending the whole line into silence.

"Look. I don't want to rock the boat. Since Quinn got pregnant. I'm top dog around here."

"Hold up, Rachel's walking by..." Mercedes said quickly sending everyone quiet even thought Rachel couldn't hear any of them, "Hi, hot mama!"