chapter seventeen

Ophelia's outit:

--

Ophelia woke up to the dinging sound of her phone receiving texts. Groaning, she rolled over to reach and grabbed her phone. She squinted at the bright home-screen and saw that she had a lot of texts, most from friends back home, some from Louis. She quickly checked the ones from her various friends, seeing they were just inviting her to some streams. She shot out texts saying she was dealing with personal stuff and made sure to clarify that it was nothing bad so they wouldn't worry. She said she was unsure whether or not she would be free, but she would keep them updated. 

lewis 💙:
Hey, is noon a good
time to pick you up?
Ophelia?
Are you up yet, princess?
I guess not, haha! Just
text me when you wake up.
Zayn told me you asked
a lot about what to wear
for his date. For mine, just
wear comfy clothes, we'll be walking.

These were all spread out over the last hour or so. Currently, it was 10:30. Ophelia usually wouldn't sleep this late, but she and Zayn stayed out for hours the previous night just talking. She didn't get back home until about 3 a.m.

Blushing just thinking about the previous night with Zayn and cursing herself for sleeping in so late, Ophelia quickly called Louis.

"Honey?" Ophelia murmured, rubbing her eyes to try and wake up a bit.

"Ophelia! You're awake!" Louis exclaimed from the other end of the call. She heard a dog, Clifford she assumed, start barking. Louis quickly shushed him.

"Yeah, sorry. I guess I was just exhausted last night. I just woke up."

"Oh, I hope I didn't wake you..." Louis said apologetically.

"You didn't, don't worry," Ophelia insisted. "Are you still planning on coming at noon?"

"Will you be ready by then?"

"Depends on where we are going, Lou," Ophelia said quietly, smiling to herself.

"Hiking if that's alright. I thought it would be a fun day out together. Plus I know this great trail..."

"That sounds fun, Lou. Should we pack lunch?" Ophelia questioned. Suddenly, she heard a muffled voice on Louis's end of the call.

"Is that Ophelia? Tell her I said hi!"

"Harold says hi, princess."

"I heard! Tell him I said hi back! And that I'm sorry for stealing you for the day!"

"Take him, he stinks," Harry shouted jokingly.

"Oi!" Louis exclaimed, smacking Harry lightly.  "He's lying. I'd like to think I smell great!"

Ophelia laughed loudly. "Well I can't say I've sniffed you all that much but I'm sure you do too. Tell Harry to be nice."

"Yeah, Haz! Be nice!" Louis shouted. Ophelia could hear the mocking face he was making. It was endearing, making her heart jump a few beats.