Don't Leave Me Behind

By MersihaFikic

A women in her 30s retells her story from childhood and all the struggles on the way . More

What is life ?
You are just a child you don't understand
Green shoes
Run
Time to go
Unknown destination
Hope
Im just an immigrant
Just wait...
We have to go
Hata
Hata 2

War has started......

16 1 0
By MersihaFikic

It was official war started in Bosnia . People were fleeing their homes all over to save their lives . News spread like wild fire . When the electricity would come on spontaneously for an hour once in a blue moon . Everyone would run to watch the news on the tv .

Entire country was in battle . Fighting from all sides . Fear was no longer an issue . Now we have to survive. Survival was the only priority.

As we would walk to school every morning we would hear older kids talking and gossiping. They found a body at here and it was this person . That one cold morning that I will never forget . We were walking slower than usual . Everyone felt down like we knew something was going to happen bad .

My next door neighbor Ajla was best friend by now and we always walked together. There was two boys few houses down and they always walked infront of us . Horsing around boys being boys .

All of our dads are gone either escaped the country or in a prisoner camp . We would talk and make up stories of how and what we would do and how much we missed our fathers and rest of our family . This morning was different. We all felt sad for some reason .

As we approached the bridge we saw something green floating in the water . Curiosity of a child we wanted to see what it was . As we got closer we realized it was a body of man . One of the boys his name was Admir started yelling . My dad has the same jacket . That's my dads jacket . We kept saying a lot of people have that jacket calm down . The body was really bloated and faced down . But we wanted to see who it was . I wish we didn't . As we grabbed branches and tried to push to body closet to flip it to see who it was . He started screaming. It's my dad ! It's my dad ! He's screams echoing and piercing a soul . It caught attention of people around . People started running towards us and telling us to get away unable to pull him away . He's cries still linger in my mind . Please let me hug my dad just one more time . This is my dad .

The shock was so strong we just froze . We felt responsible. They yelled at us and told us straight to school now . We never saw him again . I still wonder what happened to him . The gossiping and whispering was true . They are going to kill us all one by one . Why ? What have we done so bad to deserve this .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 977 22
වස්සානේ එල්ලි ආ.. මමමද ඒ පෙම්හොරා.. මමයි ඔයාගේ දැන් හිමිකාරයා... "අහස් ඔයා මගේ මගේ මගේ විතරමයී.. මේ විවාන්ගේ එකම ආදරේ.. " ...
13.9K 1.1K 37
මට ඕන කවදමහරි මේ ජීවිතේ කෙළවරක් දකිනකන්ම ඔය ඇස් දෙක දිහා බලන් ඉන්න ..! - කෙනෙත් දීඝායු
24K 780 47
ဦးနဲ့သမီးဇာတ်လမ်းလေးပါရှင့်
14.5K 1.9K 43
"මං මූදු රැල්ලට වඩා උඹට ඇබ්බැහි වෙලා.." -විදත් හංසනාදිත්‍යය-