Chapter - 7

Ayesha’s POV

Now the make up artist is doing my make up… today is my marriage….. Yesterday all the rituals like  Mehendi and Sangeet was happened.

As the time of muhuurat ( the time of  marriage) coming near , I am getting more nervous.

I am little nervous… I hope my decision is right….. I love Akash as a friend….. and in this 6 months I tried to think of him as my husband… I will try love him …..
I never thought he loves me… I never thought him as my husband or boyfriend before 6 months.

Flashback

6 months ago

It has been two days I came to know about my mother illness… and her wish… she wants me to get married within this year… I told her that I won’t let anything happen to her… I will treat her by best  doctors but she didn’t listen… she even emotional blackmailed me….saying I don’t love her… I don’t want to fulfil her last wish and blah.. Blah.. Blah….. So I promised her I will fulfil her wish… and she has given me 10 days… if within 10 days I am not able to bring anyone then she will find someone for me…and I have to marry that person.

I am now waiting in a coffee shop for Akash and Tara……Tara said she has a plan.

TARA : sorry Ashu we are late…

AYESHA : Its fine… I also just come little ago.

AKASH : Hey how are you?..... I have  heard everything from Tara….. Don’t worry everything will be alright..

AYESHA : I hope so… Tara… say na what plan do you have?

TARA : you marry Akash

AYESHA : What? What are you saying?

AKASH : I know Ayesha this is very sudden for you but I love you… I love you for many days but I was afraid to say anything to you as I didn’t want to effect our friendship….so when I heard everything from Tara…I decide I will tell you about my feelings ….. If I don’t say it now… then I will lose you forever….. So Ayesh will be marry me?

I was too shocked to say anything.

TARA : yes Ashu… I know this from  the beginning….. So when I heard bua's (aunt) wish … I realize that it is now time to you know about Akash's feeling for you.

AYESHA : but... But I never see Akash that way.

AKASH : I know  that Ayesha….. That’s why I always afraid to tell you about my feelings ….. Ayesha can you please give me a chance… you have still 8 days to give your answer to your mom….. Why don’t you go on dates with me in these days and then decide…

TARA : yes Ashu, I think it’s is a good idea… just think you don’t have many male friends….. You  never like to hang out with boys….but see… you are comfortable with Akash….. You already know him… I think he is the best candidate for your husband….. But don’t worry you don’t have to say anything now….. In these 8 days spend time with him… go on dates… then decide…… Ashu, you are my cousin and Akash is my friend… I want both of you to be happy… will you give him a chance?
After thinking for a long time I replied…

AYESHA : ok… I will.

AKASH : Thank you Ayesha..

Flashback END

Yes… after 8 days I presented him as My boyfriend in front of my mother…
I hope he will be a good husband….
My thoughts were broke by makeup artists voice.

MAKEUP ARTIST : wow… you look so beautiful.

Tilting my head I looked into the mirror.

Yes I am really looking beautiful in this beautiful Red lehenga….. I know from today my life will be a change….. New identity and responsibility will be added to my life…..

Suddenly  sound of shouting was coming from living room.

AYESHA : what happened?

MAKEUP ARTIST : don’t know ma’am… should I go and check…

AYESHA : No wait… I will go.

MAKEUP ARTIST : but ma’am you are bride…..

AYESHA : so what? I heard my mom’s voice… I have to check…

Entering the living room the first thing I saw my mom was sitting on the sofa … she was crying and Puja mami was consoling her.

I have not try to see who else were present I just ran to  near my mom…
AYESHA : MOM, what happened? Why are you crying? Do you not feeling well? Do you feel any pain? What happened mom..?

SHALINI : Aa.. aShuu……

Just calling my name she hugged me and continue crying.

I was confused… what happened? I looked at Puja mami to ask but before I could speak she handed me some pictures… seeing the pictures I was shocked…..

Then my feeling was mixture of sadness, anger, betrayal….. Everything….. I didn’t understand what to say…

Then there was only one question which was wondering in my mind that is –
‘WHY?’