Happy National Bestfriend's Day

"The message I never got to send"

[1:00 PM; June 08, 2022]

"Sa pinakapoging tropa kong bugok at torpe,

Happy National Best Friend's Day! Siguro galit ka sa akin ngayon kasi 5 hours kitang hindi ni-replayan. I'm really sorry. I wasn't feeling well yesterday and I just had to shut myself out from the world.

I really don't want to ignore you yesterday but something told me that I should. Hindi ko talaga alam kung anong nangyayari sa akin pero tina-try ko talaga na buoin ang sarili ko ulit. Medyo nahihirapan talaga ako pero ayaw kitang mag-alala.

Alam kong magagalit ka sa akin for not telling you what's going on pero I don't want you to worry about me. Alam kong concerned ka sa well-being ko pero I'm okay. I'm sorry kung minsan hindi ako nago-open up sayo. It's just that I don't want to be a burden.

You've done a lot for me. You're that one friend who'd ask me how my day was or if I'm doing well. Kahit maliit na bagay lang yan para sa iyo, it's a big thing for me. Nobody asks me how I've been doing and you're the only person who would actually be concerned about how my day was or how I did for the day.

You mean a lot to me. You're someone that I want to be with for the rest of my life. I know you like someone else and I don't want to be possessive just because I'm in love with you but I hope we'd still be friends until death do us part.

Thank you for everything. Thank you for comforting me when I'm down, thank you for making me feel good about myself whenever I doubt everything about me, thank you for making me smile each and every day, thank you for always being there for me.

If you can read this, I just want to say I love you. I love you as a friend, as a judge, as a brother, as a crush and overall as someone I look up to. Thank you. Thank you, really. I wish I can do anything in my power to make you smile.

I wish I can return each and every second of your life that you spent trying to make me smile, to make me feel better and to be there for me. I wish I can do anything that can give you the comfort that you've been giving me.

I wish I could return your sweetness and your time. You're everything to me. Not just a crush but as a very great friend. You mean the world to me. I'll always love you as your Luna.

Until our next eclipse, my dearest Sol. I love you.

From your baliw na kaibigan,

Calista"

----

"The sent message"

[1:37 PM; June 08, 2022] 

"Dear bugok,

Hi tol! Alam kong bad mood ako kahapon pero I want to make it up to you today. I wasn't really feeling well so I'm really sorry kung naging cold ako sayo kahapon. I just want to say Happy National Bestfriend Day! Oo, best friend po kita HAHAHA.

Ikaw yung isa sa mga taong nagpapasaya sa akin this entire school year. Not just this school year pero the entire time na kasama kita ever since I met you. Di tayo close noong una tayong nagkakilala and we only made progress noong nagka-English project tayo.

That was actually the best decision I made. If I had chosen to work alone with the English project, I wouldn't have met you. Siguro wala akong nakakausap ngayon if I had done that. Siguro hindi tayo close or hindi tayo "naglalandian" (joke lang) if I had chosen to take down your offer to be my groupmate in the project.

Since that day, I've never felt so happy. Ikaw kasi yung ka-vibe ko talaga eh. Hindi ka yung type na nage-english unlike our other classmates kasi lagi kang nagtatagalog tapos yung humor mo, ganun yung trip kong humor eh HAHAHAHA.

You made me feel like I can be an Ilocano as I am in a class full of city people. Thank you dahil naging kaibigan kita. Salamat kasi nariyan ka sa tuwing malungkot ako o kapag nararamdaman mo na malungkot ako.

Salamat kasi lagi mo akong napapatawa sa tuwing kausap kita o kaya naman ay napapakilig dahil sa mga banat mo HAHAHAHA Thank you, di ko talaga alam kung anong gagawin ko kung wala ka. Thank you kasi patient ka with me and that you're a very open person. You're always there for me and I appreciate you for that. Thank you <3 Happy National Bestfriend Day!

To be continued...

---

Happy National Bestfriend's Day to all my best friends out there and to those who are continuously reading my book. Thank you!

I hope you enjoy your day today and I hope that you spend your time with your best friends today! Special mention to two of my childhood besties -cian- and -ST4RR1_N1GHT, Happy National Bestfriend's Day to you two <3

Aaaaaannndddd special mention to my fav reader alaina_yumira, thank you bestie for reading my book <3 You're like that one wholesome reader who never fails to make me smile dahil sa mga comments niya HAHAHA Thank you bestie <3 Looking forward to more of your works HAHAHA

This is all for today guys! See again next time <3

- Calista