Thirteen

Minho read all the options almost 10 times. He was so confused.

He won.

He survived.

But he felt so guilty.

He wanted to revive all players, but then his most loved player- jisung- would die again and this time more painfully. No, he can't do that.

The second option of killing a random person was useless.

He kept looking at the first option. Revive 1 player. Jisung.

But wouldn't that be too selfish? It would.

He closed his eyes and chose option one.

The lights started to flicker and finally it was dark. Completely dark and quite until Minho heard a voice.

"Minho.. Minho hyung?"

It was jisung's voice. He recognised it immediately.

The lights were back.

Jisung looked around him and saw blood, and dead bodies of his best friends. That's when the memories came back. Wasn't he dead?

He looked at Minho, who was covered in blood, crying.

"I- I missed you so much Sung" Minho ran towards the boys and hugged him.

"What happened? Why am I alive? Why are the others not alive?" Jisung asked pulling out from the hug.

"I.. I survived and won" Minho was ashamed that he won and his best friends didn't.

He explained everything, everyone's death to jisung who looked traumatised.

"You should've chose the third option and revived all of them!" He cried but Minho shook his head.

"I know it was so selfish of me.. but jisung I couldn't watch you die painfully once again, in front of my eyes while I couldn't do anything.. I am sorry" Minho cried as well.

They both looked at the device screen which was back to normal and the app wasn't there. The doors of the house opened.

"We- we can leave?" Jisung asked and Minho nodded.

Jisung looked around and saw all of his dead friends. He felt so guilty to be able to live when they couldn't.

They stepped outside and saw that the sun was rising. Minho looked at his watch and saw the time.

5:12 am.

Jisung and Minho both immediately went towards the police station and reported everything.

Yes nobody believed them at the start, but when everyone saw the dead bodies and the cctv footage, they believed. They had to believe.

The news was warning everyone about this app and how nobody should download it. Minho and jisung did the same through their social media accounts.

But no matter what they did, every year, every month, every week, every day, every hour, every minute and every second.. they missed them.

They missed chan's strict behaviour and how he cared so much for them.

They missed how they always teased Changbin and how he called himself the baby of the group.

They missed how hyunjin always acted super confident and was super dramatic at times.

They missed how felix's deep voice shocked everyone every time they heard it or how he baked them cookies and brownies.

They missed how Seungmin acted like he didn't cared and was cold but inside he always enjoyed and secretly laughed at their silly jokes or when he helped them cheat in exams.

They missed how jeongin made the inhuman noises and gave them warm hugs.

But it was all gone.

There was nobody to care and scold them now.

There was nobody to tease now.

There was nobody who acted super dramatic now.

There was nobody to bake them delicious cookies and brownies whenever they wanted.

There was nobody who would secretly laugh at their jokes.

There was nobody to give them the warm long hugs.

"Sung... I wish we agreed with Seungmin and never attended Hyunjin's birthday party" Minho said looking at the picture they took that night in the party around 5 years ago.

"Hyung

"Hyung.. I miss them" jisung silently sobbed.

"Me too... me too"