Girl In Red

"Thank you so much!" The little girl's parents said leaving the house. Holly's parents went out for a business dinner, so they hired a baby-sitter to watch their daughter.

"Can I have some ice-cream?" Holly asked after supper.

"Sure." the baby-sitter, Madison replied.

"Where's the freezer?"

"In the basement, along with the nuts, cherries, candy and other stuff." So down she went to grab the ice cream. When she did, she looked out the window to see a little girl with a red skirt and black top standing outside. This didn't strike Madison as too suspicious, and she simply brushed it off.

"Can I have some hot fudge on this please?" Holly asked after handing the treat to her.

"Course" was her quick reply as she went back down into the basement. She looked back out the window to see the same little girl only this time with a distinct bright red colored cape tied around her. She absentmindedly wondered if the girl was playing dress-up as she trudged back up the stairs.

"Got it!" Madison said as she set the fudge in the microwave and poured the thick chocolate goop onto the ice cream.

"May I have some nuts on this as well? Please...?" Holly asked.

"Really." Madison said

"Puh-lease" Holly pleaded with her puppy eyes

"Fine..." She sighed after rolling her eyes and heading down the stairs once again. As she got the nuts out of a small cabinet, she looked back out the window to see the same little girl with the cape except this time she had a sharp silver knife. As she ran upstairs, she decided to call the police.

"Ooh thank you." Holly squealed happily from her pink Disney princess booster seat.

"Uh-I-yeah. Hey Holly, I need you to-"

"Oh no! I forgot the cherry on top." Holly said. Not wanting to alarm Holly, Madison played it cool, deciding she would get the cherry, then lock herself with Holly in the bathroom, call the police and stay safe. After slowly descending down the stairs, she opened the freezer with shaky arms. Daring to peel out the window she saw the girl once again. She wore the bright red cape and held the knife...only this time the knife was covered in fresh blood. Running upstairs, scared of what she might await, she checked on Holly. There she was. Swimming in a pool of blood beneath her. Madison ran into the bathroom and dialed 911. The police, along with a tearful mother and shocked father arrived. The mother sobbing uncontrollably approached Madison.

"What happened?!"

"Oh my gosh - I'm so sorry, I saw this little girl with t-this red cape and a knife outside your basement window and-" Holly's mother cut her off.

"We don't have basement windows...only mirrors."