20 | Contact

I left him on scene while rolling my eyes. Now why did this dumbass decide to do it in a classroom? Don't we usually work at the library?

As I entered the classroom, I noticed Aiden sitting in his usual seat, engrossed in his phone. He looked up and waved at me.

As I took my seat, facing him, I noticed that Aiden was still watching me, a smirk playing on his lips. I felt a twinge of annoyance, but I tried to brush it off.

"What is it?"

He glanced at my phone. "You like my name?"

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot. When the hell did you even change it?"

He laughed. "That's a secret, Thompson."

"creep." I muttered under my breath while placing my bag beside me.

I started glancing around while fanning myself: "Is it hot in here or Is it just me?"

"It's you." Aiden quickly replied.

I got up from my seat and tried to open the huge windows. The hell? Is this thing stuck? I pushed again harder, but it still wouldn't budge.

Am I this weak? I mean, I knew I wasn't the most physically strong, but I'm completely weak. I huffed, tilting my head down.

I suddenly felt a presence behind me, and in a swift motion, the windows opened widely. I grunted, and of course Aiden opened it with a flick of his wrist.

I turned around and saw him gaze down at me, the corners of his lips forming up. "That's how you do it, sweetheart."

Lightly pushing him away, I made my way back to my seat. "I was about to do it, you know."

He scoffed, sitting back down. "Yeah, you struggling and out of breath is you about to do it."

"Whatever, let's just finish our project"

30 minutes later

The room was quiet. The sun had almost finished setting. As the sun's rays pierced through the window, its golden hues cast a glow in the classroom, which was hitting me directly in the face. I couldn't help but squint my eyes in discomfort.

Despite my attempts to shield myself, the golden light continued to illuminate.

Suddenly, I caught Aiden's gaze, and he flashed a smile in my direction. His eyes held a soft look. Maybe even admiration?

I raised my eyebrow.

"Too much sun?"

"mhm"

He got up from his seat, making his way towards mine. "Let's switch; I don't mind the sun."

I nodded and got up.

When I gazed up, the sunlight embraced him, illuminating his eyes with a radiant glow. The dark hazel shade transformed into a lighter, more captivating hue. The sun's touch highlighted his lips, giving them a soft, pinkish tint. He looked absolutely mesmerizing. That's the word that came to mind: mesmerizing.