22 | Homecoming

"Guys, I have to leave soon." I mentioned while hastily brushing my hair.

"Aw, I wanted all three of us to go together," Kehlani expressed, approaching me and gently pulling the hairbrush from my grasp. "Please be gentle, or your hair will end up messy."

I smiled. "Thanks; I'm just feeling a bit stressed cause I want to make sure everything is perfect before the dance starts."

"Don't worry, I have complete faith that it will turn out perfect," Ciara reassured me as she focused on applying her makeup at her vanity table.

I checked the time. Homecoming starts at 6:30, but I had to be there forty minutes earlier so that I could ensure everything was perfect.

"By the way, who came up with the theme idea? It's so pretty." Khelani asked, humming to the song playing.

Lana Del Rey | Diet Mountain Dew

"It was Myvy."

She seemed surprised. "The shy girl?"

"Tell her that the theme is amazing, way better than last year's." Ciara, who was adorning her hair with small crystal gems, said.

"I don't even remember what last year's theme was."

"That's because you didn't attend it, Zhera."

"oh yeah.." I trailed off. Last year, I didn't attend because my mom didn't let me. She found out that I had a pretty low grade on my english quiz, so she grounded me and forbade me from attending the dance. Mind you, the quiz didn't even count towards our final grades.

I like my mom and all, but she can be a bit too much. But she's just looking out for me, right?

"I love Mrs. Thompson and all, but sometimes I wouldn't know how to deal with her; I don't know how you do it, Zehra." Kehlani admitted

I sighed. "I know she's just looking out for me, but sometimes she can be a bit too harsh. I love her, but dealing with her can be impossible."

I don't even know how I do it.

Just then, Ciara's mom entered the room with a tray of freshly baked cookies, her eyes twinkling with delight. "Hello, girls! Would you like some cookies? They're still warm from the oven," she explained.

"Don't mind if I do!" Khelani eagerly rushed to grab the cookies from her hands, thanking her.

"Guys, I have no idea what to do with my hair." I sighed, my brows furrowed, as I gazed at my reflection in the vanity mirror.

Being in a rush gave me zero time too think about what I should do with my hair.

Ciara's mom approached me with a gentle smile. "You want some help, honey?" she asked while wiping her hands on her apron.

"Yes please."

"Come, here, beautiful." She motioned for me to approach with a gentle smile, then began to carefully style my hair, using her hands to tame the unruly locks into a beautiful, sleek finish. The soothing touch of her hands and the warmth of the cookies filled the room, creating a cozy and comforting atmosphere.

Just what I needed before going. She swiftly finished, and I turned towards the mirror to admire myself. My hair was styled in a cute half-up, half-down ponytail with a slick side part that added an elegant touch. The only thing left to do was to curl the ends.

"What do you think, Hunny?"

I admired it. "It's absolutely beautiful; thank you."

"Ohh, Zehra's hair looks amazing; can you do a similar style for me, Miss?" Kehlani asked, her voice tinged with longing as she took a final bite of her cookie.

"Me too, mommy?" Ciara pleaded with puppy eyes.

She chuckled warmly and nodded, her eyes crinkling at the corners. "Alright, come here, you two," she beckoned, her voice gentle.

After the millions of pictures we took, I arrived at school in less than twenty minutes. It was currently 6:00, so I made it right on time. After finishing my hair and makeup and also taking almost ten minutes to put on my dress, I was finally done.

I began to make my way inside, my expression quickly shifting.

The entrance was decorated with a red carpet, just like at movie premieres, that would lead students into the main hall. Large posters featuring famous movie stars were hung on the walls, creating an immersive atmosphere.

The hallways were transformed into walkways that looked like famous Hollywood streets. Large banners with iconic Hollywood landmarks, like the Hollywood sign or the Walk of Fame stars, were hung along the walls.

The school truly outdid itself this time. There were already people here, and they all greeted me when I passed by.

One girl in particular caught my attention, her eyes scanning me from head to toe before exclaiming, "Oh my goodness, you look absolutely stunning!"

Her compliment brought a smile to my face, and I graciously thanked her. Then continued to make my way towards the main hall, my excitement growing with each step.

My eyes widened as I stepped inside.

It was transformed into a glamorous ballroom reminiscent of a movie set. The ceiling is adorned with twinkling lights to create a starry night effect. Tables were covered with black and gold tablecloths, and centrepieces featured miniature Oscar statues. Balloons in gold, silver, and black colours can be seen scattered around the room to add an extra touch of elegance.

I cannot believe this is the final product. It is way beyond my imagination. I do hope that we didn't go over the budget. Otherwise, we're screwed.

"Zhera, over here." Greyson's voice resonated across the room. I turned my head and spotted him standing alongside Myvy and Roman. I made my way towards them, admiring the stunning transformation of the venue.

"We really outdid ourselves, guys. The place looks absolutely amazing."

Roman looked around, a slight smile playing on his lips. "We truly did," He was dressed in a dark blue tuxedo with a black tie. Simple but nice

"By the way, you look wonderful, President." Myvy murmured softly, her cheeks tinged with a blush.

"Thank you. You look beautiful as well." Myvy's delicate pink dress caught my attention; it featured a subtle slit on the side, adding a touch of allure to her appearance.

I sighed; everything was perfect.

Perfectly perfect

word count: 1051