3 ~ Detention

WARNING: THIS STORY TALKS ABOUT SUICIDE, DRUG USE, AND OTHER THEMES/ TOPICS THAT MAY TRIGGER OR BE SENSITIVE  TO SOME READERS. IF YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE READING THIS, I ADVISE YOU TO STOP READING. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Detention was not how I wanted to spend the first day back in school or the first day of my senior year. But it happened to me, Rose, another guy and Wayne of all people. The detention teacher looked very much done with us, she cleared her throat and said,

"Welcome back and welcome to detention. You will remain here for the first period. After first period is over you will be allowed to go to your second period class. All of your parents have been notified via email that you missed first period." All of us did a collective groan.

"I will be back shortly after I make some phone calls." The detention teacher proceeded to leave the room. The detention room was a empty classroom with desks and filing cabinets that may have very well served no purpose. Also to add it was absolutely uncomfortably cold.

I looked over to see Wayne of all people. I had hoped he didn't remember me from junior year, cause I feared if he had any sort of interaction with me it would start up the bullying again. I looked over at Rose and asked,

"How do you know Geraldine again?"

"Oh she is my uncle Jeb's ex-girlfriend."

"Oh wow that's awkward.."

"Yeah needless to say she's been a little more than salty since Uncle Jeb broke up with her." Spiteful was a more fitting word for it.

"Geez, you're telling me." I replied. Rose looked past me and made a disgusted face.

"Oh god this fucking guy." She groaned. I turned behind me to see Wayne on his phone completely unaware of my existence which was honestly such a relief.

"Oh well don't turn around and look at him dingus." She said in a hushed voice.

"Do you know him?" I asked Rose.

"Ha. Do I? Yeah I know that guy he's a real piece of work." By the way she said it I began to wonder what the hell he did.

"That's Nicholas Wayne. He dated my cousin a few years back. He's bad news." I was definitely curious at that point, I wanted to know more. But then I felt a tapping on my shoulder and it was Wayne. My immediate reaction was to freeze, cause he definitely recognized me.

"Uh hi?" I said slightly confused and shy.

"Hi, you seem familiar. Have we met before?" He asked me, my eyes widened in shock. Rose decided to interject and said "Hi. No you have not and will not."

Needless to say he was taken a back by Rose's response.

"What's your problem?" He asked her.

"You, that's my problem." She responded.

"I don't even know you." He replied very confused.

"No. But I know you know Alice." That I can tell was a name he hadn't heard in a long time.

"Oh god." He sighed frustrated as if he definitely want to talk about it.