4 ~ Friday Night

WARNING: THIS STORY TALKS ABOUT SUICIDE, DRUG USE, AND OTHER THEMES/ TOPICS THAT MAY TRIGGER OR BE SENSITIVE TO SOME READERS. IF YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE READING THIS, I ADVISE YOU TO STOP READING. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I seriously wish that was the end of the story and everything was just fine n' dandy. However that was not the case, boo. It had been a few weeks and the student body was still curious about Wayne and I. Which is super weird that something like the status of a relationship could have a bunch of teenager's attention. Most teenagers have the attention span of a two year old child on sugar (which is you're wondering what that means, that means they have little to no attention span.) Wayne was attractive and rich so maybe that's what caught the attention of the student body. I'm not even entirely sure if it was that or the thought of a scandal brewing.

A few weeks into the school year, every high school in America always has a homecoming (at least to my knowledge.) and you may be asking "What is a homecoming?" and "Why should we care?" A homecoming is an event organized by the school, where students can come together and support their school and community. And the answer to the second question is, you don't have to. At Onlook High if you were a senior it was socially acceptable (among other students) to just not show up to any homecoming events. It was more so for the freshman anyways, and it was a tradition Onlook High's senior class since the class of 1987.

It was Homecoming week at Onlook High, the freshmen were buzzing with excitement because their first high school function was coming up. Many of the seniors had other plans, because Thursday morning Nick Wayne posted about a party at his house that coming Friday. The senior class was now a buzz because before this, he was always the one attending the parties never at that point in time was he throwing them. So it was kind of a big deal that he was throwing a party and he invited the senior and junior class.  Rose was one of the only people that adamantly refused to go to his party however Friday morning she changed her mind and rushed over to my locker which ended up spooking me.

"Jesus Christ!" I exclaimed.

"I'm not Jesus, but I can see how you can get the two mixed up." She replied back in a smart-ass way.

"So I'm sure you heard about the party taking place at Wayne's house?" She asked me.

"Who hasn't?" I shrugged.

"So change of plans, we're going." She told me.

"What? I thought you hated his guts?" I asked her confused as to why she suddenly wanted to go to his party.

"Oh don't get me wrong I absolutely do, but this girl I'm talking to named Melanie is going." She replied.

I was hesitant to go to Wayne's party because people were still talking about Wayne and I. I just kinda wanted people to just stop talking about us in that context, and if I'm being honest it kinda made me uncomfortable. Taking into consideration I trusted the wrong guy and he betrayed my trust; not only that but he humiliated me that Spring Fling.

"So we're going?" I asked her.

"Yes we are. So is it cool if I meet you at your house at like five tonight?" Rose responded.

"Uh, yeah sure I just gotta text my mom first so she knows." I reassured her.

Again I was hesitant about going to Wayne's party but I never voiced my concern to Rose. I just kinda went with it. When I got to first period, Wayne's eyes followed me the whole time.