Chapter 7

~~Past. January 1999~~

“Absolutely not” Abigail ordered.

Jason groaned. “Calling him dad is not going to change who I know is my father, mother! Why? Explain why I can't call him father?!”

“He is not your father, Jason!”

Jackson covered Jason's mouth. “I know you and me both want that wish but its best that you just end it here. I would love for you to call me dad but I think you have set enough for your mother. It is never going to happen and you need to understand that”

Jason nodded. Jackson removed his hand and Jason sighed. “Fine. I give up. I will accept that I got everything else for now”

Abigail looked at him. “I just can't accept it Jason. Please understand”

“I understand mother. I understand that you will never see Jack like dad. You will never completely accept that dad is gone but Jack is here picking up everything you throw at him. I see who is really giving it their all and I have no idea why they are still here.” Jason told her.

~~Present. June fifteenth~~

“I coming to find you Margo!” Abigail teased.

She heard a laugh and smiled. She went towards the couch and looked over it. “There you are!”

Margo laughed as Abigail grabbed her and started to tickle her. “Now that I found you, I get my morning kiss”

Margo kissed her on the cheek. Abigail picked her up and went to the kitchen. She set her in a chair. “She is ready for her food, sir cook”

Jackson laughed and put a plate of mac&cheese on the table. “Did Jason get to school?” He asked.

“Oh yes. There was a girl he promised to take today so he wasn't missing that”

Jackson smiled. “Can you believe he is sixteen now?”

“Nope. He is driving and liking girls now. There used to be the time that I was the only girl without cooties!”

Jackson patted her shoulder. “You had cooties. He just didn't want to hurt you”

Abigail swatted his hand and laughed. “Shut up.”

Jackson pulled her in his arms and kissed her. “You don't got cooties. If you did then I wouldn't have married you.”

Abigail grinned. “And in two days, we will have been married ten years.”

Jackson laid his head against hers. “Even with all the odds against us, we are still here.”

“Cheese!” Margo squealed.

They looked to see Margo had mac&cheese all over herself. Abigail groaned. “You must really love baths you little girl”

Margo's eyes widened. “BATH!”

“Eat first” Jackson told her.

Abigail looked at her watch. “Oh, I need to get going. Miss Sunshine is having me take the afternoon class today. She is stubborn about slowing down in her age but her daughter is forcing her to take the afternoon off.”

She kissed him. “I will be back at five.”

Jackson nodded and she left. He looked at Margo. “Stop putting the mac&cheese in your hair”

[That Night]

They were all sitting down for dinner. Jackson put his fork down. “So, how was taking Hazel to school today?”