Chapter 2

Abigail felt fear. Daniel asked her to come over and he didn't sound happy. She knew their competition was getting to him but she didn't think that was it. She pulled her car in the drive way and got out.

She let out a breath then walked up to the door. She knocked and waited. The door opened and Daniel smiled at her. “Come on in” He whispered.

She stepped in and he shut the door. They walked to the living room and sat down. Daniel faced her. “We have been dating for two years now. “I don't..I want to go to the next step with you. We have been working so much on our dancing that we don't really have time for us time and that bothers me..”

Abigail grabbed his hand and kissed it. She always did this to let him know she was listening. Daniel grinned. “I know most women would like this to be romantic but with the competition coming up, we really don't have time.”

Abigail gasped as Daniel got down on one knee. He pulled out a box and looked at her. “Will you marry me and become Mrs. Jameson? Have tons of children with me? Dance with me till our old age?”

Abigail covered her mouth with her hand as she started to cry. She nodded. Daniel took the ring out and put it on her ring finger. He stood up and kissed her. “We will always be together” He whispered in her ear.

~~Past. April 1985~~

Abigail quickly sat up and gasped. She looked around to see she was on a plane. Jackson patted her shoulder. “Are you ok? You fell a sleep on us”

Abigail calmed down and nodded. “I was just tired from all the panic this morning.”

She looked over to see Jason asleep. Jackson smiled. “He passed out a little after you did. The pilot said we have at least one more hour of flying”

Abigail laid her head back then stared at Jackson. “Why are you still here?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, you are stuck to me like glue! You help with my son, you are traveling to my sister's wedding, and you seem to be there if I need you”

Jackson looked away. “Isn't that what friends do? Plus, what would you do without me? Still be smelling like death I bet”

Abigail slapped his arm and looked forward. “I do thank you for everything and I may be stuck like glue to you too.”

Jackson chuckled. “I don't plan on leaving. You have become my best friend since I knew of you”

“Kaci is happy you are here. She was so scared when I came here with no one.”

“You and Kaci are really close. Who is older?”

“I am. Lorenzo, our brother, is the oldest. He is twenty nine. I came next which I am twenty five. Kaci was the last one and she is twenty three. She was actually never planned.”

Jackson looked at her. “How did she get the name Kaci? Your brother's and your name sound so...Sophisticated”

“My grandmother actually named her. My mother refused to accept she was having another baby so my grandmother took Kaci. She named her and raised her for five years. My grandmother passed away after Kaci's fifth birthday and I remember my father trying to find anyone to take her for them...”

“Are you serious?”

“Yup. They quit once I told them I wasn't living without her no more. Where she went I went. They brought her home but we were both a disappointment to them. Kaci became a social worker and I became a dancer. Lorenzo took over my father's business.”