➯ 𝙗𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙨𝙬𝙖𝙣

𝙫𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩!

⬎⬐

i look at myself in the bathroom mirror.

today is the day.

i splash water on my face trying to calm my nerves.

so many people, so many cameras. victor is watching. yuuri is watching. minako is watching. and above all... yurio is watching.

that damn russian punk.

i still feel bad about lashing out at him last night... but i can't focus on that right now. just focus on your routine. on the ice, and on the music.

before leaving the bathroom, i dust off my "JAPAN" jacket and matching pants, give myself one last look in the mirror, and exit to the locker room.

there are 20 minutes before i go on to skate my program. people have started entering the ice castle about 10 minutes ago, i haven't left the locker room since. there's no way i can stand out there with the crowd for longer than i have to.

skating last night made me feel somewhat better... until yuri came along. although then again letting out all of my pent up frustration at him also helped...

hopefully he isn't mad at me though, even if he is still a rude pain in the ass i don't want to always be at war with him.

i've barely seen him since last night though. when i woke up this morning he was already gone, victor said he went on a run and then to the ice castle. i only glanced at him when i myself entered the ice castle today, and then he disappeared.

granted i have also been hiding in the bathroom so i have no real idea of where anyone is.

i take a deep breath, and reach for the door handle out of the locker room. i open it when BAM-

i run into someone's chest. i look up.

"watch where you're going, ice princess."

shit, the absolute LAST person i wanted to see right now.

"heyy yurio..." i scratch the back of my head out of nervousness.

"what are you doing hiding in here? you're skating in 15 minutes now."

"15?? shit time goes by too fast... um- i've just been thinking, y'know warming up haha..." i give him a light punch on the shoulder.

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT Y/N?!?!?!

i know you're nervous but PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER.

yurio looks down where i punched him, "right... well get yourself together dumbass. you better do your best because i'm only going to win against the best."

is this really his way of encouraging me..? oy vey.

"of course i'll do my best, i am the best female skater in japan after all. this will just be your reminder of that." i walk past him with my head up, where the FAWK did this confidence suddenly come from-

at least he doesn't seem mad about yesterday... one less thing to worry about.

i walk out to the sort of waiting room we have, where victor, yuuri, yuuko, and nishigori are all sitting talking as yuuri warms up. yurio must have just come from here.

victor turns to me, "y/n, there you are." he stands up and walks over to me, "i can see it in your eyes, you've changed. you're ready y/n, trust me. now don't disappoint me like last season's grand prix, kay?" he says with a smile.