➯ ʀᴏsᴛᴇʟᴇϲᴏᴍ ϲᴜᴘ !! 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚

(yuuri is such a mood i can't-)

𝙫𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩!

⬎⬐

i crane my neck to look around at the bleachers... but i still don't see nikolai.

dammit, is he not coming? i guess i shouldn't have gotten my hopes up... i wish there was another way to thank him, oh well.

i realize i still haven't seen yurio all day, and he's the next to perform his free skate after JJ.

i never found out what he thought of the pirozhki i left him...

i lean against the wall of the rink, crossing my arms.

lilia enters from the locker room door, and i look up, yuri follows behind her. we make eye contact for a brief second before we look away.

i turn to face yakov next to me, i notice both him and lilia have worried looks on their faces. what's that about?

"yuri... i'm sorry to tell you this, but it doesn't look like your grandpa is coming to see you perform today either..." yakov looks down at him.

his grandpa never came to see him..? his only family?

suddenly yuri starts smiling, i swear his eyes are practically sparkling.

uh- did i miss something?

"don't worry! i know he's watching even if he isn't here, he left me a bag of pirozhki at my door last night!!"

i freeze, looking down at the ground.

he thinks... 

...oh... i see...

yuri crosses his arms, "it was amazing as always! he knows just what i need. now i know i will perform better today than yesterday, so don't look so worried old hag and old man! i can still win."

yeah. there's no way i can tell him those pirozhki were from me, it's better this way...

even if he stays mad at me for the rest of his life.

i sigh and mumble under my breath,  "just don't go throwing a hissy fit if you don't win, pussycat."

yuri whips his head to look at me, "shut up piglet." i never thought i'd miss him calling me that... 

"i've been thinking... and even if i don't get gold this time, it'll be alright."

my eyes widen, did he really just say that??

he looks down, "i think... i've begun to understand what you've both been saying."

"...uh, both? oh so you're crazy now too? cause last time i checked there's only one of me, i'm one of a kind." 

he snorts, "yeah, that's for sure."

"i can't tell if that was a compliment or not."

"stupid duckling, what i mean is both you and my grandpa have been saying similar things lately. now shut up, i have to go on so pay attention."

he takes off his jacket, revealing his costume. his hair was done by lilia, and she looks satisfied with her work.

lilia grabs yuri by his shoulders, "you're much more ready than yesterday yuri, you're going to do amazing. you've worked hard for this, now stay focused and make russia proud. remember, strenght is nothing without beauty."