chapter 17

I had an amazing evening with Nhlakanipho, i got to know quite a lot about him and that made me a bit more comfortable around him. He's 28, originally from KZN, came this side in search for greener pastures, He's the second child and have 3 other siblings, an older brother and 2 younger sisters. He is a sales floor assistant at clicks, he paints during his spare time and he has a passion for economics.

He left at around 1am,honestly i can safely say i really enjoyed my birthday,all thanks to Nhlakanipho Mabaso. Today is sunday and i am headed to church, today i am wearing a yellow pencil skirt, a light green floral off the shoulder bodysuit, and orange block heels, i let my braids loose, which reminds me, i need to remove these, i miss my hair. Before heading out, i snap a mirror selfie, which shows my full length then post it captioned "church o'clock". Lately i really enjoy the compliments i recieve whenever i post a snap of myself so i do it quite often.

As i get to my car ready to drive to church, while connecting my phone to the speaker, a message comes through "you look beautiful maMnisi, have a great day at church" it's from Nhlakanipho, i find myself blushing, i hate how this guy is slowly melting my icy heart, after mulalo i promised myself to never even look at a guy's direction yet here i am!

I arrive in church, the worship team is already singing, its amazing i can feel God's prsence already. The Pastor preached about restoration, something i never understood, he spoke about how God can take away something which you hold dear to your heart if he feels that it isnt good for you and he will restore what you have lost with exactly what he believes you deserve, it will exceed your expectations and when that time comes ,you'll understand why God had to take certain things or people away from you. I feel uplifted, the past couple of years I've lost a lover, I've even lost friends but after today, i am trusting God because there's nothing too hard for him.

I drove home then decided against cooking since there's leftovers, i start working on the case that i am investigating before recieving a call from Nhlakanipho.
"Hello"
"maMnisi,uyaphila?"(maMnisi, are you good)
"I'm good thanks, how are you" i say
"Ngiyaphila nam, i need your help, how do I prepare the pasta that you dished up for me yesterday?, i tried adding cream to cooked pasta but it just doesnt taste like yours" i laugh at him, couldnt he order alfredo pasta instead of cooking it for himself.
"Ungahleki mama, ngisize phela(dong laugh mammie, help me please)" he sounds hurt shame, "come over,there's some of it thats leftover, we can share" i say "alright I'm on my way" just like that he hung up on me.

I continue with work until i hear a knock, "come in" i say while in the sitting room,he walks in wearing black sweatpants and a black t shirt with black and white addidas push ins. "maMnisi" he says as he sits on the same couch as me, he smells amazing, i like how he calls me Mamnisi instead of calling me by my name, so much respect.

I stand to go and heat up the food, dish up for the both of us and hand him his tray while i put my food aside so that i can tidy up my pc and the documents that are scattered on my coffee table.

"Your boss has a hand on this fraud, he is well aware of it and he wont go down without a fight" he says,wait did he go through my work, well he did say that he has a passion for economics so i understand his interest in this case.

He goes on to saying "request to see his office footage from when he was the one handling the books, isnt it that he met with Mngomezulu on Wednesday, request the footage and listen to what was discussed, check the duration of the footage, financial briefings usually take not more than an hour if it is less than that it means one of them wasn't doing their job properly"

I'm shocked, why is this guy working at a retail store when clearly he could do so much more?