Chapter 6: Remember that night

*Davina's POV*
January 13, 2021 (Wednesday)

The first week was nothing really special, just mostly script tweaking, brainstorming, goofing around and table reads. Charlie and I have learned we have a lot in common over the course of a week and have gotten pretty close. We're both early risers and our apartments are in the same building so every morning we would meet up downstairs in the lobby and go get coffee for ourselves and everyone and head to set. I like my morning with just Charlie because when it's all of us it can get pretty hectic and overwhelming, so my Charlie morning we're surprisingly like the calm before the storm.

I told Kenny my two song ideas and he loved both, however he gave me till the end of this week to pitch to him my original song and the whole 5 seconds of summer thing was completely on me to work out. I did have a plan up my sleeve for that one though.

I was probably just getting in my head to much in terms of my song because I couldn't finish it for the life of me, so I invited the boys, Sacha and Madi over for kinda a song writing sleepover if you will. Sav and I get snacks and ordered pizzas and made our living room all cozy for everyone. At 6:30 I heard a knock on the door, I open it to reveal the maple man himself.

"Hey Charlie! You're early. Sav is still at her dance bootcamp thing till like 8."

"Yeah I know, it's just Owen is out disturbing dance boot camp till 8 and I didn't want to sit alone in the apartment anymore."

"We'll come on in, we ordered pizza but it won't be here till later....but there's snacks!" Charlie made his way into the lurching to craze over the assortment of snacks. Man he was cute....but I just can't bring myself to have feelings for him, not right now. Plus who knows if he'd ever reciprocate those feelings, but boy was he a pretty man. He looks up and me and smirks, don't do that Charles, "you're staring," he says with a smile, "am I just too handsome?"

"No, it's just watching you unhinge your jaw like a anaconda to eat those peanut butter pretzels is amusing."

"Oh shut up," he laughs throwing a pretzel at me, "they're good pretzels."

"I think it's just that you're a slut for peanut butter."

"....yeah that too," we both laugh, "so how's that song coming along" I let out a loud sigh and plop face first onto the couch screaming into the pillow.

"It can't be THAT bad."

"Well, maybe it's not but I have no idea because I keep getting in my own head about it so to me it's awful." He comes and sits next to my head stroking my hair, this is nice.

"I'm sure it's a beautiful song written by a beautiful girl Dav." I sit up quickly and look at him.

"You think I'm beautiful?"

Charlie clears his throat and shifts kinda uncomfortably. Oh no what did I do.

"Of course I think you're beautiful, I also think you're incredibly talented." He squeezes my hand while making some pretty intense eye contact with me, "Um, so how about on Saturday sense we have the day off we go do something to celebrate Kenny deciding to use you're kick ass song?"

"You haven't even heard it yet."

"Well I still know it's kick ass, so what do you want to do?"

"Like a date?"

"What no! Like friends, just friends."

"Oh, right friends, um I don't care Charlie, you pick whatever you like you know Canada better than me anyways." 

For the next hour and a half Charlie and I just hung out while everyone slowly made their way into Sav and I's apartment. Once everyone was here and settled that's when the nerves sank in, I've never really played or sung in-front of multiple people.

"Okay girl let's hear this song!" Madi calls over to me.

"Well idk guys maybe I just won't pitch it to Kenny, just let someone else write a song and I'll sing it."

"No no no, you're not getting out of this that easy," Sacha gets up from the couch, sits me down on the stool and places my guitar in my hands, "we are all here and we're all excited to here it, it's gonna be great!" I look over and see Charlie, Jer and Owen all giving me two thumbs up with the biggest smile on their faces. I take a deep breath, I got this.

"Okay but I'm starting at the chorus because that's all I really have." I start to strum.

🎶 remember that night?
We went for a drive
2:30 in the morning
I kissed you, it was pouring
We held each other tight
Before the night was over
You looked over your shoulder
Oh, I was doing fine
You said remember that night?
Remember that night?
Oh, I was doing fine
You said remember that night?
Remember that night?🎶

Everyone clapped and cheered

"Yes queen that was so good!" Sav said jumping up and down

"Now let's finish it!"  Madi states walking over to sit on the stool next to me.

The seven of us stayed up most of the night finishing the song before finally passing out at 3 am.