➸ "ℂ𝕙𝕠𝕤𝕖𝕟 𝕃𝕒𝕤𝕥"

♡𝙲𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚗 𝙻𝚊𝚜𝚝- 𝚂𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚑 𝙺𝚊𝚢𝚜

𝓦𝓻𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓷 𝓫𝔂:
@GRIFFENPUFFCHILD

✧・: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

TW: This story has to do with grieving and dealing with the loss of a loved one. The story jumps between what's actually happening and what the main character imagines was happening to her during this time.

"Now, in order to solve for this angle, what do we use? Inverse of sine, or inverse of cosine?" At this question, five hands shot up eagerly, waiting for the teacher to pick them. I wasn't paying any attention to the class, just discreetly scrolling through Pinterest on my phone. I had no interest in this course and wanted the day to be over as soon as possible. Of course, I could just fake being sick and leave. But, I already did that twice this week, so that was out of the question.

"Miss Anastasia, would you like to answer this question?" Our math teacher asked.

"Huh? What?" I brought myself back to reality.

"I said, can you answer this question?" He asked again. I sighed and put my phone down. Meme Man and Orang would have to wait.

"Cosine inverse, Mr. Bryans," I said unenthusiastically. I hated being put on the spot like this. It wasn't that it made me uncomfortable or anything, I just didn't like unwanted attention, and the whole class staring at me while expecting me to answer a dang question sure counts as unwanted attention.

"That is correct! Mister Caleb, can you tell us the equation we use with cosine inverse?" He asked, finally taking me out of the spotlight. I let out a breath and got back on my phone, subconsciously checking the time. 2:35. Five more minutes and we were out of here. That was just one minute five times. I can live with that.

I went to go and check my messages for any notifications, and there were none. I was sad to say that it didn't surprise me. No one really messaged me, and group chat conversations would go on forever until I came in. But I was new to the group, and no one really knew me yet. They all have known each other for years. They all had inside jokes and everything and I kind of just sat there and listened.

The five minutes came and went, and when the bell rang, a massive sea of students flooded through the school's halls trying to escape this prison of education. I went to go and find my friends because we had planned to go out shopping for Christmas gifts after school. As I was walking through the halls, I got a notification on my phone. From my mom. I read it instantly, knowing her over protective nature. If I didn't read it and respond within the five seconds she sent it, she would have a panic attack.

"Honey, I don't think you should go shopping with your friends today." Was all the text said. Of course, I was confused, since she said yesterday that I was allowed to go. "Why not?" I responded. "I have some news for you."

"Okay," was my response, as I veered away from the group meeting spot and walked towards the parking lot instead. Once I sat down in my car, I messaged the chat, letting the girls know that I wasn't able to go due to a last minute emergency. No one acknowledged this. Not even an "okay." from anyone. It didn't really matter. It was a twenty minute drive from the school to my house. I was going to check my phone when I got home again, anyways.

All of a sudden, my phone began blowing up with notifications in the chat. I checked, and most of it was just playful banter between the girls, but a couple of them were addressing the fact that I wasn't going to be there. One was asking if everything was okay. I smiled and texted back, telling them that I'll let them know when I find out. It was great to know I had such a great group of friends.