Characters and Glossary

List of characters as concluded in Book 1, A Grace of Crowns

Most of these characters will not play a significant (or any) role in this book, but only serves as background information here to refresh your memory of Book 1.

Newly introduced characters in Book 2 are not included as to avoid spoilers.

↝ Isla's Retinue ↜

⦁ Isla Prijanskar Main female protagonist. Also disguised under the name Lilja Shapor and posturing as a servant for Rajini Chei.

⦁ Tam Mai (Tamma) Prijanskar Isla's sister, disguised as a servant for Rajini Chei.

⦁ Noi Takhsin Isla and Tam Mai's handmaid.

⦁ Sir Edric Aberforth A former Eling knight, and old friend to Isla's father. Helped Isla escape to Elingar.

⦁ Aldir Faralay Half Eling-, half-Surikh friend of Isla. Lives in Elingar as Sir Edric's ward.

⦁ Eshe Obou A Ligueri woman Isla befriended on board Tempestorm.

⦁ Master Ilmer Chendra A mentor at the palace academy.

⦁ House Shapor The family that helped Isla enter Surikhand and take on the identity of their now-deceased daughter. Consists of Bartol (Bart), Ajure, and their daughters: Lilja (deceased), Kusuma, Eppi, Persepa, and Sabri.

⦁ Academy Characters  Isla's friends during her stay at the palace academy. These include her chamber-mates Tran Pranhom and Phrae Damari,  and the early-bloomer Rinju Nwen.

↝ Kiet's Retinue ↜

⦁ Maharaj Kiet Ametjas Main male protagonist. Second in line to the throne of Surikhand. Son of Maha Rama Judhistir Ametjas with his third Queen Consort, Rajini Amarin.

⦁ Maha Rama Judhistir Ametjas Current monarch to the throne of Surikhand. Kiet's father.

↝ House Ametjas through the Queen Regnant ↜

⦁ Maha Rani Andayu Ametjas First and regnant wife to Judhistir. Her children by order of birth include: Renata, Persi, Perla, Andhika, Elya, and Anindya.

⦁ Maharaj Persi Ametjas  The Provincial Prince of Kam Phor, seated in Petripyor. Firstborn son of Maha Rama Judhistir and the Maha Rani.