Chapter 6: Back to Normal?

Nico was glad to finally be out of the infirmary. Too many people and not enough things to keep him busy. When he wasn't busy, that was when the pain set in.

   Nico sat in the Hades' cabin on his awful bed that looked like a vampire's coffin. Maybe he would ask the Aphrodite cabin to help him change up the decor.

   He was just finishing changing his clothes when he heard a knock on the door.

   Nico walked over to the door and opened it. It was Will. Of course.

   "Hey, death boy. Why didn't you say bye to me this morning?"

   Will's arms were crossed. He was wearing the camp t-shirt, cargo shorts, flip-flops, and his camp necklace with 4 beads meaning 4 completed summers. His bright blue eyes stood out against his slightly tanned skin, and his blonde hair was a bit messy.

   Nico tried not to blush. "I don't know. You said three days, so as soon as I woke up, I left. You were sleeping and I didn't want to wake you."

   "You can wake me up anytime." He replied, rolling his eyes. "Come on."

   Will grabbed his arm and pulled Nico out of the cabin. He had a strong grip.

   "Where are you taking me?" he said as Will pulled him across the grass. "Solace, let go!"

   He just grinned his stupid grin and kept pulling him along before Nico finally pulled away.

   "Hey, I just wanted to do the daily activities with you. Lava wall, archery, stuff like that. I was waiting outside for you to come out, and now you're late, come on! Our first activity is sword fighting, because breakfast is already over. You didn't even come out for that, either!"

   "Solace, my infirmary time is over. And I don't do the activities....I've actually never spent this much time here since I was doing work creating the outside of my cabin."

   "You can do the activities with my cabin. We're both cabin leaders, so we create our own schedule, so we'll just do it together." Will explained.

   "Why do you want to hang out with me?" Nico asked. "I don't fit in here. Don't you see the way some of the kids look at me? I don't belong here and it's obvious."

   Will frowned. "So what, what do other people think? I want to be your friend, Nico. Why can't you let me in? Jason's your friend, Reyna's your friend. Why can't I?"

   "It's not like I really planned for it to happen. With Jason and I, I kind of had to trust him with a secret. With Reyna, we traveled around the world together."

   "Is that what it's going to take to be your friend, then? Travel halfway around the world with you? Tell you a secret? Fine. Here's one: I overwork myself in the infirmary constantly because that's the only thing I'm really good at. I can kind of play the guitar, I have a mean whistle, but that's about as far as it goes when it comes to my father's powers. I think I'm useless besides for my healing skills. Is that good enough for you?"

   For once, Nico didn't know what to say. He just didn't know what to do with that information. Before he even had time to think, he said, "I don't think you're useless." Nico mentally cursed himself as his face grew red for the millionth time in the past four days. Will stopped walking and stared at him.

   "What? Can't I give someone a compliment once in a while?" Nico scoffed.

   Will smiled such a bright smile that it was almost contagious. He looked down at Nico and gave him a big hug. Nico froze. He thought that his heart would explode out of his chest. He wanted to stay like that forever. It was then that Nico di Angelo realised he was falling for Will Solace. Falling hard.