³² Astronomy Tower Thoughts

UNEDITED

Published on 8th April 2021, 3:44 pm, IST

³² Astronomy Tower Thoughts

"Whatcha doing here, eavesdropping?"

━━━━☆━━━━

☆    SIRIUS WAS sitting with Remus and Peter at the common room, playing chess with Peter.

    Peter was a mousy boy, with not many talents. He was a coward, and it was wondrous how he got into Gryffindor. Peter was average in pretty much everything, he was not much. That's what he thought about himself.

    One of the only thing that Peter liked about himself was that he was good- no, amazingly spectacular at chess.

    And that's what was happening. Peter was absolutely annihilating Sirius in wizard chess while Remus sat by and read when James approached them.

    Sirius sat up straight, abandoning his game for a moment, he was hoping that James would've cooled down by now and forgiven him.

    He turned to Peter and ignored the other two causing them to frown.

    James was mad at Remus too, for not telling him about Rin and Sirius' relationship. He still talked to him if necessary, but not as much as before.

    "Dumbledore wants you three to come to his office in two weeks, on Saturday, at nine pm." Said James, and left quickly.

    Saturday approached, and the group of seven set off towards Dumbledore's office.

    Dumbledore requested them to sit down as they went inside.

    He explained everything once again to the other five and invited them to join The Order.

    Rin, Sirius, Remus and Dorcas agreed immediately, and Peter did too after a small bit of hesitation.

    Peter didn't really want to join; everything sounded really scary.

    But he was afraid that he would be left out.

    The other three boys wouldn't do it intentionally, of course, but if he doesn't join, he can't listen to any conversation related to this.

    So he decided to join, and Dumbledore said something that scared him even more.

    "You won't be going on real missions while still in Hogwarts, of course, but there are some students in our school who are considering joining the Death Eater ranks." Said Dumbledore. "Many people have been attacked while in this school, just like you were, Miss Potter and Miss Evans. So I want you all to break up these attacks whenever you see them. I would like you to fetch a teacher whenever you see them happening. But you are allowed to duel if needed. Understand?"

    Everyone nodded, and then they were free to go.

━━━━☆━━━━

    Sirius and Rin were supposed to go on another date, the midnight picnic part three.

    Rin had decided to study for the N.E.W.Ts until midnight and then go with Sirius when he came, but she had fallen asleep before Sirius arrived.

    Sirius let her sleep; Rin had been studying too much and neglecting it as the N.E.W.Ts drew near. Really, it was foolish of him to ask her out at this time, on a weekday, no less.

    So Sirius decided to go out alone, he did need some time to think over what had happened the past few days, anyway.

    His legs led him to the top of the Astronomy Tower, where he lit a cigarette and took a long drag from it.

    Sirius was terrified of what the future awaited; but not for him, but his friends- his family.

    He had no problem running head-first into any danger, provided that those who he cared about weren't hurt.

    He wanted to fight for what was right.

    Even if it means fighting against your own brother?

    Sirius felt his blood run cold at the thought that occurred.

    It was well past August, so Regulus must have taken the Dark Mark and become a Death Eater.

    Sirius had attempted to talk to his little brother multiple times, but Regulus always managed to avoid him.

    He was horrified at the idea of fighting his little brother.

    Sirius flicked the butt of his cigarette off the tower and made his way down the stairs.

    As he was walking down a rather long corridor, he heard some muffled noises coming from a classroom.

    Sirius pressed his ear to the closed door, hoping to hear what was happening.

    He frowned when he still couldn't understand what was going on inside the room. So he slowly opened the door to small crack, hoping nobody would notice.

    Alas, the loud creaking noise did alert the people inside the room.

    Boreas Avery, Midas Mulciber and Severus Snape immediately noticed Sirius at the doorway.

    "Black," They said evilly, advancing towards Sirius. "Whatcha doing here, eavesdropping?"

    Sirius desperately searched his pockets for his wand but came up with nothing.

    Of course, he just had to leave it in the common room at a time like this.

    It was three on one, Sirius never stood a chance.

━━━━☆━━━━

What do you think happened with Sirius *GIGGLE* I'm pretty excited to write the next chapter lol

Kathu