¹² The Christmas Dance

☆UNEDITED☆

Published on 5th December 2020, 3:30 pm, IST

¹² The Christmas Dance

"Who are you? The Aladdin to my Jasmine?"

━━━☆━━━

☆    NEARLY ALL all the ladies of Hogwarts had been pointing at Sirius whenever he walked past them and giggling since the second Dumbledore announced a Christmas ball for fourth years and up.

    He usually would've just picked out a random girl who he thought was the hottest and asked her to come with him.

    But that wasn't the case this time. Sirius would've loved to go with Nesrin Potter to the dance, but the problem was that she already had a boyfriend. Someone who is not him.

    But even if she didn't have a date, Sirius couldn't have swept her off her feet because she was Nesrin Potter.

    Nesrin Potter.

    Potter, as in his best mate James Potter's little sister.

    'She's James' sister,' Sirius told himself firmly. 'James' sister. She's out of bounds.' He would not risk his friendship with James for anything.

    He finally reached their usual table in the library for the study session.

    He took out his books, looking around if Rin was there yet. He became flustered again as he thought her nursing his wounds last fortnight, their close proximity.

    He shook his head firmly. 'James' sister.'

    "Sorry I'm late, Sirius. Professor Kettleburn kept us back after class. What do we have to do today?" Rin finally came and set down her satchel.

    "McGonagall told us to practice the Avis spell, didn't she? And that there would be a small quiz about its properties next week."

    Rin nodded, getting out her parchment and other books.

    "You read the chapter while I write down some questions. And you can answer them." Sirius said.

    She followed his instructions.

    "So, the Christmas dance is coming up. . ." Rin said, trying to appear casual, writing down the answers for the questions by Sirius.

    "Oh?" Sirius said stiffly.

    "I was just. . . wondering who you were taking?"

    Sirius stared at her in surprise, not having the slightest idea why she was asking him this.