Game Jitters and Late Night Burgers

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

Logan

The crowd cheers on. I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins as we made our way out towards the field. The Friday night lights and the loud cheers, mixed with the school band in full blast, fill the air with all its joy.

Our school has been undefeated for the past six years under coach Mitchell's long endearing support and coaching tactics. He's by far the best coach there is in all our county. This year, I intend to give it my all and make him proud. He's done so much to help every single one of us. Even Carter, regardless of how much of an ass he is, he's still a great player. One of my best defenses if I may add.

If it's one thing I love, it's to feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins as the first game jitters fill us; the school spirit can be felt through the air, giving us the monumental feel, urging us to plummet into giving it our best.

I slowly make my way out through the hallway and stand in the middle between the bleachers; in front, the huge banner awaits for us to break through, as the all-time champions of our county and all south Tennessee.

The pressure is weighing on me. I'm not going to lie! it's making me scared shitless! But I'm determined to give it my all this year; more than in the previous years.

I took a long sigh, and close my eyes, muting all the noise around me as my head tilts back. 'ok! Come on Logan. You got this. You gotta give it your all. We can do this. . . we can do this." I tried to reassure myself that things would go right, but I'd be lying to you if I said I wasn't nervous; hell. . . .I was more than nervous. I was terrified, scared shitless. The last thing I want is to go in there and let the coach and my team down.

"Hey, Romeo!? What's taking so long? You're stalling the game sweetheart." My eyes widened, bringing me out of my trance. Heart pounding in my ear; each time I hear her voice, man! my stomach fills with a head-on, going down a rollercoaster ride kind of feel vertigo.

Sophie has never been the sports kind of girl, but I do have that to thank Troy. He loves sports, and though he's not in any team, he's always the first in line to purchase tickets for the games. My eyes avert everywhere, and the numerous flash of cameras and phones blinds me from being able to see her.

"Come on quarterback! Get your ass in the game. Mama's hungry, and I want to go eat." I hear her voice again. This time, I turn to my left, and see her there, wearing our team colors and those pom-poms student council sells up front by the entrance, I know because my mom and sister have a collection of those damn things too.

I look towards my team, they're still waiting for the small welcoming parade to end, and give coach Mitchell the signal for us to enter the field. I can't help but smile, and I quickly walk towards her, jumping on top of the rail, and close to her. My face almost touched hers, making her startle. My hand slips and my body tilts back, but quickly, Sophie reaches out to me, gripping my hand and pulling me close to her.