Chapter 6. Starting Over

⚠️WARNING⚠️

Everything written here is fiction and exaggerated for the drama like most romance stories.

A/N

It's been almost a month so sorry about the late update. I've been busy and putting this off, but I'm finally back. Also, enjoy the 50 timeskips :D

---------------------------------------------

Years later...

Sophia awoke at the beginning of Christmas break. It was her freshman year in high school. Ace had left 2 years ago. He never sent any letters after he left.

The house that had been empty for almost 2 years now was being filled once more.

Sophia worried if this situation was going to be the same as her last. She peeked through her window still curious as ever. She noticed the color of the walls had been painted gray, unsure of what was going to be in that room.

She went downstairs knowing that she would have to eventually meet their new neighbors.

This time her mother hadn't forced her to know that their son was going to go to the same high school as Sophia and they would eventually meet.

"What? We're not going to go over there?" Sophia asked, surprised.

"I am, but you don't have to because you'll meet their son at school." Her mother replied.

The word son repeated in Sophia's head. This made Sophia want to meet him, but she also wanted to avoid him so that she wouldn't trigger any memories.

***Timeskip***

Sophia had decided to not go next door. She went over all the possibilities with her friend Hannah. They agreed it'll probably be better to see him at school so she'd have Hannah there.

It was homeroom and to her luck, a new student was joining. "Everyone, this is Alden Kalbo. Please introduce yourself." The teacher instructed.

---------------------------------------------

NEW CHARACTER

Alden Kalbo

A very basic boy who doesn't usually get much attention, but is known. Not one of those boys with fluffy hair, he was a bit short of hair...

Mild smarts and not the most athletic of the bunch.

( ^^ That was the introduction ^^ )

---------------------------------------------

As Alden introduced himself his gaze stopped on a certain someone. Sophia.

Sophia and he made eye contact for a short minute since she quickly broke away.

After the bell rang nobody approached Alden cause nobody was interested. Sophia felt bad so she and Hannah approached him.

Alden looked up and asked," Wait are you Sophia Kibic?"

Sophia was a bit freaked out but remembered her mom went to their house and must've talked about her.

"Uhm yeah. My mom must've told you about me huh?" Sophia replied.

"No," Alden replied.

Sophia and Hannah looked at each other confused.

"How do you know me then?" Sophia questioned.

"I had a friend who knew you. He was living by you. He would constantly talk about you and showed some pictures of you two as kids. And uhh I know this may sound creepy, but he had some pictures of you from your bedroom window." Alden answered.

"But I change in my bedroom. And what do you mean, had?" Sophia said nervously.

Alden tries to change the subject, "Anyways I live next door to you now." He says with a smile.

Sophia was unsure whether this was a good or bad thing. The only thing she was sure of was that she needed new BLACK curtains.

***Timeskip***

Sophia was getting ready for bed when she peeked through her curtains and saw that what was once Ace's bedroom was now Alden's.

Sophia's thoughts: "Your kidding?! They're so similar. This situation might be similar. What if I get hurt again?"

Alden had noticed Sophia looking in and decided to write on a piece of paper and put it up to the window.

"Hey what if we talked like this :)" Sophia read.

Sophia grabbed some scratch paper and wrote, "That's a cool idea! :D"

Alden and Sophia kept talking with the paper when Alden asked for her number thinking it'd probably be easier. Sophia agreed though kinda sad because the whole paper idea was fun.

***Timeskip***

At school...

"So uh how's Ace doing?" Sophia asked, really curious.

"He's completely silent. Hardly ever talks to anyone. He barely talks to his parents." Alden answered concerned.

"Oh.." Sophia thought, blaming herself.

Alden could tell. "He's always been that way, don't think it's your fault. That's just his way of coping I guess.." Alden said, trying to reassure her.

Suddenly Kanna appeared.

"Hey, dipshit! Got a new crush already?" She snickered.

Sophia rolled her eyes taking a deep breath. "Leave me alone Kanna. How can you still be so petty after all these years?" Sophia asked, mocking her.

"Whatever." Kanna turns to Alden. "This one can get a little freaky good luck." Kanna winked before walking away.

"Sorry you had to see that, but you should get used to it if you're gonna continue hanging around me.." Sophia stated.

Alden slowly nodded.

***Timeskip***

Alden and Sophia have been friends for a year and are now sophomores.

Alden and Sophia were on a discord call while watching each other through their windows.

"NO MY IRON GOLEM, KEVIN!" Sophia cried.

Alden laughed.

"It's not funny.." Sophia scowled at him.

Alden hung up and signaled to Sophia through the window that he was gonna come over. Sophia nodded. A few minutes later they both sat in her room.

"Sophia," Alden called.

"Yeah?" Sophia asked.

"I know we usually don't talk about this stuff, but do you have any dreams or wishes?" He asked genuinely.

Sophia thought for a moment.

"I know this may sound crazy, but I've always wanted to fake date, someone," Sophia answered.

"Why fake date and not date?" Alden asked confused as ever, a normal emotion he encountered while talking to Sophia.

"When you fake date there's no heartbreak or hard feelings. Real dating is scary and takes too much commitment." Sophia responded.

"Oh, that makes sense," Alden replied slowly, understanding.

"Yeah I'm a genius aren't I?" Sophia sarcastically says.

"SUREEEE" Alden answered.

After 2 minutes of offending silence, Alden asks, "What if we fake date?"

---------------------------------------------

Word count: 989