Stowaway

Y/N's POV
I sat on three edge of the ship, swaying my legs delightfully as Iroh sung to the sound of the crew'a instruments.

"Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall.
Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall.
Four seasons, four loves.
Four seasons, for love."

I sighed, "Is Zuko not going to join us?"

Iroh shook his head, "I asked my nephew to play the tsungi horn for us, but he won't leave his room. Maybe you'll have better luck if you ask him to join us?"

I jumped up, accepting the challenge, "okay, I'll give it a shot."

I knocked on his door before slowly pushing it open, humming, "oh, Prince Zuko! Are you in here?"

I heard him huff, "what do you want?"

"I was hoping you might join us on the deck for music night."

He folded his arms and looked away, "forget it."

I strolled over to him and started fiddling with the hem of his sleeveless top, "come on, Zuko, I'm bored without you."

He pushed my hand away, "cut that out."

I rolled my eyes before skipping over to his bed and sitting with my legs crossed at the edge of it, "well, if you aren't going to join me, I guess I have no choice but to sit here and watch as you wallow in your own self-pity."

He scowled but before he could respond, Iroh peered from behind the door, quickly mouthing, 'hide!'

Zuko hadn't noticed this and irritatedly stated, "For the last time, I'm not playing the tsungi horn."

I had already gracefully hidden myself under his bed and held myself up above the ground using the bed frame.

Whatever I am hiding from better hurry up because I can't hold this forever.

"No, it's about our plans. There is a bit of a problem."

"I'm taking your crew."

Wait.

"What!?"

Is that Commander Zhao's voice?

"I've recruited them for a little expedition to the North Pole."

"Uncle, is that true?"

"I'm afraid so, he's taking everyone- even the cook."

"Sorry you won't be there to watch me capture the avatar. But I can't have you getting in my way again."

I heard Zuko lunge forward at him, but Iroh must've stopped him as he yelled, "no!"

I heard footsteps walk further into the room as I tensed my muscles, trying to hold onto the bed frame as long as I could.

"I didn't know you were skilled with broad swords, Prince Zuko."

"I'm not. They're antiques, just decorative."

"Have you heard of the blue spirit, General Iroh?"

Zuko's alter ego! From when he ran off into the forest.

"Just rumours. I don't think he is real."

"He's real, all right. He's a criminal and an enemy of the Fire Nation, but I have a feeling justice will catch up with him soon. General Iroh, the offer to join my mission still stands if you change your mind."

As the door shut, I counted to five before gently letting myself down and rolling out from under the bed.

As I bent myself back up gracefully, I asked, "so, was that Commander Zhao?"