nine -edited-

I got woke up by Bella the next morning, Jacob standing in the doorway glaring at Embry still asleep beside me. "What do you need?" I groan, throwing my arm over my eyes before whimpering as it seems to tear me in half from the force and sudden movements. Embry immediately sits up when I do, scanning me over quickly, his eyes holding worry. "I'm good, Em." "Dad wanted me to wake you up, you're actually allowed to leave today so Jake's gonna take you out to the truck." Jacob steps in, pulling a wheelchair in with him. "I can walk." I groan, sitting up. The nurse soon comes in, unhooking everything without a single word. I push myself up, my knees buckling under my weight, and catching myself on the bed. I stare at my hands for a moment before taking a deep breath and straightening up.

Embry rushes to my side, his hands out in case I fall again. "I'm good, Embry." I huff, shuffling my way to the bathroom. "Did you bring extra clothes?" Jacob holds up a bag, watching me hold myself against the wall, he quickly walks over. I drop my hand from my stomach to grab it, he takes my wrist looking at my hand. "You're bleeding through, come here." He walks me into the bathroom, sitting me down on the toilet. "I need you to lift your shirt." He carefully looks me over as Embry watches us. "I'm fine, Jacob. Let it go and give me my clothes." I snatch the bag from his hands, forcing a cry down my throat as I push myself up. "Get out so I can get changed." I push him, closing the door behind him.

I pull on my sweatshirt, pressing the thick fabric to my stomach where it seems to be bleeding the most. There's a pair of shorts in the bag which I'm thankful for since I don't have to deal with jeans. I pull them on, tucking the front of the sweatshirt into my shorts before walking out. "Embry, help me with my shoes." I huff, leaning against the wall. "Wait," Jacob points to the bag. "In the front pocket, there are slippers." I unzip it, pull out the fuzzy shoes, and drop them on the floor, slipping them on. "Thank you." I mumble, zipping it back up. "You sure you can walk, Elizabeth?" Jacob stares at me as Bella slightly scoffs. "She said she was fine, now I wanna go home, can we leave?" I roll my eyes, pushing past her. "Yep. Let's go."

Embry wraps his arm around my waist, offering me his other hand. My right hand comes up, tightly gripping his as my left hand fists in the fabric of my sweatshirt because walking feels like fire spreading through the claw marks deep in my skin. Jacob glances back at me every few moments, looking away just as my knees buckle again. Embry quickly catches me, his arm under my knees and the other behind my back. I keep my hand pressed to my stomach, the warm liquid seeping through. We finally get to Jacob's truck and he carefully sets me in the passenger seat. Jacob comes over, making Embry step out of the way, he leans over me, buckling my seatbelt, his eyes on my stomach. "Jacob, I'm fine. Just get in, I'm so tired and I need sleep."

He scoffs, closing my door and jumping in the driver's seat. "I'll text you when I wake up, Embry." I set my hand on his arm through the rolled-down window before Jacob starts driving. At the slightest shiver, Jacob looks at me. "Are you cold?" I look at him, shrugging. "Sweatshirt is soaked." I lift my hand, my entire palm covered in blood. He stares at me, eyes wide. "We need to get to dad, and quick." He presses the gas pedal harder as I lean against the window, my lids feeling heavy. "You gonna be okay?" "I'm good. Thanks, Jacob." He chuckles slightly, looking at me for a split second. "You know, most people call me Jake." With a smirk, I look at him. "I'm not most people, now am I?" He shakes his head, looking at me a lot longer that time. "Not at all, 'Lizabeth."

"You know, most people call me Elizabeth." He smirks, looking over at me again. "I'm not most people, now am I?" "Not at all, Jacob." I smile slightly, looking out the window. "Your face is red, Swan." "And your face is dumb, Black." He chuckles, soon enough we pull into his driveway and Billy comes out, watching Jacob run to my side, picking me up. "We need someone to change her bandages, she's been bleeding for like twenty minutes." Billy sighs, nodding. "Let me call Sue. Elizabeth, can you hold for Sue to get here?" I nod as Jacob holds me closer, walking into the house. "You feel cold." "I'm always cold, Jacob." His chest vibrates with a chuckle before he sets me on the couch.

"Sue's gonna be here soon." Billy states, watching Jacob watch me. "It's rude to stare, Jacob." His cheeks tint red as he looks away. "Sorry." I smirk as I drop my head back, staring at the ceiling. I never should've been so adamant about learning why I couldn't talk about Quil and Jake. I drop my head and look down at my stomach, my hands pressed firmly to it, tears springing to my eyes. "Just hold on a bit longer, 'Lizabeth." Jacob sits beside me, setting his hand on my thigh. Soon enough Sue shows up, quickly escorting me to the bathroom to change and clean everything. Turns out my stitches got reopened when I threw my arm over my eyes earlier. "No sudden movements, that's what caused this." She points to the soaked bandages in the trashcan.

"Got it." I nod, pressing my lips together as I stand. "And for the love of God, no standing, no walking." Her brows furrow, staring at me. I huff, dropping myself back down and she turns toward the door, calling for Jacob. "Oh come on, I can walk. We don't need to bother Jake." Crossing my arms over my chest, I push myself up again. Within seconds Jacob comes in, sweeping me off my feet. "Sue said no walking so no walking." He scans me over before looking ahead with a smirk. "You called me Jake." "Shut up." He chuckles, sitting on the couch again. "Need anything?" "Yep, for this shit to heal." He sits beside me, turning on the tv. I drop my head to his shoulder, messing with his fingers because his hand is on my thigh.