Sherlock

Emily arrived in the bullpen before jay so she made him a coffee ready for when he came in, "here you go" she slid it over to him when he finally sat down on his chair.  He looked up and smiled, "2 sugars and a little bit of milk" she added.  Jay smiled even more, "how'd you know?" He tilted his head. Emily laughed and used his own words against him, "friends know jay, friends know" she joked around. Jay nodded and took a sip from his perfectly warm coffee, friends they were, of course they were friends.

Hank walked out from his office and walked over to the board, "we've got a shooter, our suspect going by the name of Lucas west is currently on the run. Last night he killed 3 middle aged men over a taken parking spot and dashed downtown, he's got a blue Honda Civic registered to his name. I want you all searching the city's eyes, at least one traffic cams picked up his movement, get on it" he placed pictures onto the board and left them to get on with their jobs. They all nodded and started scanning through security channels evaluating them one by one. They had spent 30 minutes looking through them when Antonio spoke up, "hey sarge we've got a hit, his blue Honda was seen 5 minutes ago speeding down west on division" he turned his screen around so the unit could see. "Let's go" hank pointed downstairs, the unit obeyed orders and ran downstairs to help each other suit up.

"Has anyone got eyes?" Hank spoke through his radio to his unit as they all drove along division to try and locate Lucas but none of them were in luck. "Negative Sarge" jay spoke into his radio as Emily drove. They were all calmly driving along the road with their eyes peeled, roughly two or three cars away from each other to be safe when they heard gun shots coming from the neighbouring street, "move in" hank ordered. Emily sped off and drifted around the corner before straightening up and driving along the road where she stopped the car and the partners hopped out along with the unit. "Help!" A lady's voice called out, "go, we've got it" hank waved jay and Emily off. The pair ran over to the cries to be saddened by the sight.

There was a distraught mother kneeling over her teenage sons body as he gasped for air while the bullet wound seeped with blood, Emily crouched down and took the mother's cardigan from her hands so she could use it as a way to stop the bleeding when the mother offered her it. Jay stood over her shoulder making sure he was half okay when he called in backup, the kid didn't look any older then 17, "this is 50-21 Henry roll an ambo to 2240 Lincoln Avenue" he spoke into his radio. "C'mon, stay with me" Emily held his face as she applied pressure to the wound.

                   The sirens finally stopped behind them as Brett and Mackey ran over with a backboard and a medical kit, "shift on my count. 1..2..3..." Brett ordered to Mackey and Emily as they helped her slide the backboard under the boys back, "let's go, mom you can ride in the back" Brett and Mackey wheeled him over to the ambo. Jay and Emily lingered behind, they watched as the ambo drove off leaving them on the scene while the unit reappeared nearby.  "Em you okay?" Jay looked over at his partner as she kept her eyes on the ambo, her shirt and hands were covered in blood.  She snapped her head over in his direction, "yeah I'm fine, you?" She smiled weakly.  Jay smiled and nodded, "I'm good" he stared at her, he just stared at her and she wiped some of the blood against her shirt as it swarmed her hands.

Hank strolled over to the ghastly sight that covered his detective as his eyes widened, "are you okay?" He pointed to the blood on her shirt, she smiled and nodded, "it's not mine" she shook her head. Hank looked over to jay who nodded to let him know they were both fine, "let's brief then you can get back to the district and clean up" he nodded at Emily, she smiled and looked at jay who smiled back before they walked over to the rest of the unit behind hank.

"Did anyone see where he went?" Hank put his arms out in front of his detectives. They all shook their head before Adam huffed, "I would've been able to but Antonio was out of range, I had no backup" he rolled his eyes. The team looked around at in concern since the two always fought with each other, "I wasn't in range? you had no backup? What the hells that supposed to mean?" Antonio shouted back and shoved Adam.