•Chapter 14•

Greyson nodded, and it was my turn to ask.

"Where were you?"

He stared at me before finally replying.

"Why are you asking?"

"Because.." I felt my checks growing red in embarrassment, even though I had no reason to feel embarrassed. "Because I couldn't find you for the past few days and it involuntarily made me feel-.. really bad. All the time. You were far."

"I was." Was all he said.

And again, I was embarrassed by his lack of elaboration.

Was this mate bond one sided or something?

But then he finally added. "I felt it, too. Sorry you had to go through that. I wasn't aware of the consequences distance caused."

I gave him a small smile, happy with a slightly more detailed answer.

"It's okay."

He looked at me before clearing his throat and standing up.

"I will let you rest now. I'll be back soon."

I nodded at him. "Okay."

"If you need anything just.. find me." He said before opening the door and leaving, shutting it behind him.

Why did he have to be so.. closed off all the time. How is he barely getting effected by the mate bond? Or at least not the same way I was? And why did he have to be so incredibly gorgeous? It was tiring.

I carefully got up, and walked in front of the tall mirror with the golden frame in his room. I looked the same, which wasn't my concern, but then I turned around and lifted up the top I was wearing.

I gasped.

Faint red marks were all across my back. They looked like they were fading, but barely. I looked disgusting. How did Greyson heal me like that? I'm sure he saw my back.

Whatever that woman from the woods was, I knew this wasn't going to be the last I'd see from her. Whoever she was, she was destined for me. Something inside of me told me that fate will have more in store for her and for whatever her words meant. But I wasn't going to stay around waiting.

I opened the bedroom's door, not finding any point in resting anymore.

Something clicked in me and I realized I needed to take the decision to get this over with. I will start with helping Greyson get back the ring as soon as I'm fully healed. I'll wait till their battle with the rogues end and I'll have him reject me. Then I can move on from this whole mess and get back on the road towards whatever was hiding next for me.

Because I promised myself, whatever it may be, I wasn't going to let Greyson involved. This was my mess. I lived for too many decades in constant chaos and I had no empty spots for a ride-along.

I almost scoffed out loud at my own thoughts.

As if Greyson would even allow himself to be a part of any of this.

I will soon get away from this kingdom, and either flee or fight from whatever it was that I had to "End".

I searched around the hallways until I saw Greyson standing by a window, arms crossed over his chest, looking blankly at the blond who was taking. She was giving me her back, but I didn't have to guess twice to know who these long model legs and vibrant blond locks belonged to.

His eyes landed on me as I walked closer yet he didn't move whatsoever. Only looked at me. Which made Laura stop talking and turned to me.

To say it simply, she wasn't pleased with my presence. But as if her emotions were relevant to me right now.