•Chapter 4•

His eyes held mind. His lips into a small smirk. He raised up the cup to his lips, not taking his eyes off of me. He was using the mate bond against me. This son of a-

I quickly focused on him and averted all of my magic into his direction, mentally reversing the spell out of my blood that was inside the cup.

I let out a quiet breath through my mouth when I watched him drink my blood, without falling to the ground or even flinching.

It worked.

"Oh this is bullshit." The blond guy said angrily for some reason, and before I could react, my arm was up to his lips and his teeth were pierced into my skin.

"No don-!" But it was too late. Suddenly his eyes widened and he started to cough, letting go of my arm as my blood dripped down lips.

He bent forward and coughed out blood, before falling to the ground and shaking.

Everyone looked at me and I sucked a sharp breath in, before looking down at that dumbass.

"What did you do!" The red head shrieked, kneeling down next to him. His eyes started closing and the trembling in his body died down.

"Cassandra," the Alpha King called out my name, as he glanced up from his blond friend's body. "Do something."

I shook my head slowly. I can't.

I rubbed my temples in frustration and sighed.

"He will be fine! Just... just give him a few hours. His body is just paralyzed right now. But it's temporary." I informed them, before looking at all of them who glared at me.

"Why didn't your blood do that to the Alpha?" Lucas asked from behind me. I turned to him and sighed.

"I don't know. I-.." I lied, looked back at the guy on the floor. I really needed to learn his name. "I don't know how it works. All I know it that I was cursed. My blood is cursed and I don't know how or who cursed it. I've just always been like this."

The Alpha raised an eyebrow at me before he glanced around the room.

"I need everyone out of here. Except her. Now."

And with that anyone that was in the room left, including the lifeless blonde guy who was carried by Ethan. Who gave me a very harsh glare as he picked up the body.

Their friend was the stupid one. Not my fault.

As they left and closed the door, I turned to the Alpha King, who was walking towards me slowly.

"Cassandra isn't even your real name is it?" He asked, stopping inches away from me.

How the..

"Of course it is. Why would I lie to you about my name."

Stop lying to mate. My wolf hissed at me.

Shut up. I replied.

His eyes scanned me and suddenly one of his big, masculine hands was on my waist, gripping me closer to him.

My skin tingled. My heart rate increased. And my vampire heard his heart rate increasing just like mine.

"Because you're lying about everything else, so why not lie about your name too." He said lowly, his face inching closer to mine. To intimidate me or tempt me. I can't tell which. "You can try to fool them. But you can't fool me."