|5|: Emoji war

~one week later~

  *knock knock* "Hey Hiromi, are you in here?" Haruhi asked. "Yeah, come on in, I can't really come to the door right now." Hiromi answered. Haruhi opened Hiromi's bedroom door, and saw her sister sitting on her bed holding her prosthetic leg in one had, and what looked to be a screwdriver in the other.

  "Umm, what are you doing?" Haruhi questioned curiously as she took a seat next to her sister. "I'm tweaking this a little bit, to allow for more movement. When I walk, it looks so stiff. Hopefully I'll look more natural after I'm done with the adjustments." Hiromi explained. Haruhi nodded. "I didn't realize that you knew how to do this stuff." She mused.

  "Of course I know how to maintenance my prosthetic leg. It was one of the first things I learned how to do after receiving it. The doctor said that it's important for everyone who has a prosthetic limb, to know how it works and how to properly care for it. I mastered this skill within a few weeks. When you're stuck in bed almost every day for three years, you have to find ways to entertain yourself. My way of entertaining myself was constantly taking my leg off and performing maintenance on it. Now I'll never be out of practice." Hiromi said as she put the finishing touches on her prosthetic. "There, that should do it." She said proudly. She put her leg back on and smiled in satisfaction.

  "Can you help me up Haruhi? I want to test it out." Haruhi nodded hesitantly and helped her sister stand.

  Hiromi took a few steps around the room, with Haruhi sticking close by her side in case she fell. "This feels much better." Hiromi said happily, before sitting back down on her bed.

  "Now that I'm done with maintenance, what can I do for you? I assume that you came to see me about something specific?" Hiromi said. Haruhi chuckled awkwardly. "It's really nothing important." She said. Hiromi arched a brow. "Haruhi." She said in an interrogatory tone. Haruhi sighed. "Fine. The members of the host club wanted me to ask if you'd become the official club maid. I told them that it was ridiculous." She said. Hiromi laughed. "Is that all? Well of course I'll work for the club." She said happily.

  Haruhi's eyes widened. "Are you serious? You actually want to be a member of the club?" She asked in disbelief. Hiromi cocked her head to the side. "Why do you say it like it's so strange? I think your fellow club members are entertaining and I'd like to get to know them better." She said.

  Haruhi arched a brow. "Are you sure that it's them that you want to spend time with, and not someone else? You know, someone who lurks in the dark and often has a cat puppet with him?" Haruhi teased while moving her eyebrows up and down suggestively.

  Hiromi blushed a deep red. "I-I don't know what you're talking about." She denied. Haruhi rolled her eyes. "Oh please, don't give me that bull crap. The past few times you've come to Ouran, you've stopped  by the Black magic club. Whenever you and Nekozawa Senpai interact, you're so obvious." She stated.

  Hiromi rolled her eyes. "It's amazing how you're keen enough to notice when I have feelings for someone, and yet you're completely oblivious to your own love life." She said. Haruhi tilted her head and looked confused. "What are you talking about?" Hiromi sighed in exasperation and shook her head. 'She's so dense.'

  ~small time skip~

   A few hours later, Hiromi was doing her online homework, when her phone went off. Ever since her accident, Hiromi had attended online school, and even though she had been released from the hospital, she had yet to start normal schooling.

  Hiromi pulled out her phone and smiled slightly when she saw who messaged her.

  Text: