xvii - daddy's here

NIKKI POV●

We had just finished having dinner talking about the things they uncovered this afternoon when my phone lit up . I knew instantly that my father was here and that he was probably already in a car .

"Hi daddy," I say as I pick up the phone.

"Hi sweetheart, I just checked into my hotel and getting a car. Mind sending over the details of where you're staying?" He asks.

"Sure thing, I'll see you soon," I say as we hang up and I quickly tap out Aria's address. I place my phone back down and look at the people at the table.

"My dad will he here shortly. I have to warn, when he's in lawyer mode he can be brutal so don't take his attitude the wrong way," I explain cautiously.

"Oh Nikki, I get it . We understand completely.  Although my son is still just a baby, I would kill anyone who hurt him," Aria says to me. I knew they would understand .

I then turned to Alex. The last time they met , my father only knew him as my roommate and friend. This time , however, they'll be meeting again as him being my boyfriend. I'm not as nervous as I thought I would be and maybe it's because my father likes Alex. But that could change.

The doorbell goes off and I quickly go to it. Without so much of a second thought I fling it open and there stands my father . His hardened face softens when he sees me. He honestly doesn't look a day over 40 , maybe even younger looking. But the man is just past 50 and he attributes his youthful look to my mother . Who , also, doesn't look like she's aged past 35.

My father is tall , just over 6'4 and muscular build. He has some grays on the side and stubble forming on his sharp square jaw.

He walks in and envelopes me in his arms , "my babygirl. Everything will be alright."

I sink into his arms. My father and my hero. "Thanks daddy. We found out some things today."

He strokes the back of my head , "I'm guessing that piece of shit ex husband of yours has something to do with it," he states not even asking.

I nod and then step back to introduce or reintroduce everyone to him. "Daddy you remember Alex and Aria? That's Warren, Aria's husband who happens to also be Alex's brother. Everyone this is my father Nikolai."

They exchanged pleasantries with one another one by one. That is until he got to Alex. He gripped his hand just a little harder than he had in the past but Alex held up , not wincing or breaking eye contact.

"Good to see you again," my dad says to Alex.

"Likewise, sir."

He took one long look at Alex and then his eyes traveled to me, "keep my daughter happy and it'll always be good to see you."

We smiled at each other as if to say that he approved of this relationship . Alex nodded not saying too much more because he knew we had other pressing matters on our hands.

"So tell me what you know and what kind of proof you have," he says .

We all start walking to the livingroom and he takes a seat on the couch where we have some photos and a flash drive.  We're standing around the table as if we're expecting a magic show, and technically we are. My father is really good at putting together a case and more than that he's a damn good detective.