Chapter 6

Annabeth POV

Director Chiron was right about Percy's memory. Combat was built into his muscle memory, and it was relatively easy for him to pick up the physical skills. 

There were a few slip-ups here and there, but he learned combat pretty quickly. 

Percy was also an excellent marksman. He always was a good shot. 

In just one session, Percy managed to be shooting a gun proficiently, which surprised everyone even though it shouldn't have. 

It's been a week since Percy was back. While there was no indication that Percy remembered anything, it was comforting to know how quickly he was picking up. 

"Hey, Annabeth," Piper's voice interrupted my thoughts. 

"Yeah, what's up, Pipes?" I asked loudly. 

Piper was in her room getting ready to go out on a Saturday night. Lake Valor only gave Sundays off, so Saturday nights were usually when we hung out and forgot about the stress. 

 "Can you help me with the zip?" Piper asked loudly. 

I sighed as I walked from the living room towards her room. Our apartment was small. There were two bedrooms on opposite sides of the living room. Plus, a kitchen and small dining area were placed near the front door. 

I walked into Piper's room to find her struggling to fix her dress. 

"Okay, let me get it," I said as I went forward and zipped up her top. 

Piper was naturally beautiful, so she looked good even in simple jeans and a shirt. Piper smiled and let out a breath of relief. 

"Anyway, where are we going today?" I asked. 

I didn't even know where we were going today. Piper said that a group of us would go for dinner and a casual time. Whatever that meant. I was never one to party, at least not as much as some of my friends. 

"We're all going to Mr. D's bar," Piper said eagerly. 

"Oh my god. That place weirdly always smells like grapes," I exclaimed. 

"I know, but it also has the best drinks," Piper affirmed. 

She was right about that. Mr. D's bar was one of the most popular hang-out spots for the youth during the night. The place was always lively and loud and fun. 

"Oh, Thalia and Percy are also coming. Jason said that Percy loved going to Mr. D's. Not really for drinking but more for the activity," Piper said. 

I nodded. I already knew that Percy was coming. 

He told me earlier today. It was sad though. He loved going to Mr. D's to have a good time. Now, he didn't even remember one of his most favorite places. 

Well, that wasn't a surprise. He didn't even remember his favorite people. 

I sighed before forcing myself to smile. 

"Well, if you hurry up Piper, we can get going," I said with a chuckle. 

Piper simply rolled her eyes before grabbing her stuff. We both quickly walked out of our apartment. This small complex of apartments was dedicated to Lake Valor recruits. 

'You driving or shall I?" Piper asked. 

"Definitely me if we want to get there fast," I expressed. And, I definitely want to get there quickly in order to see Percy. 

Over the past week, I've noticed that while Percy didn't have his memory, his loyal, kind, and generally outgoing personality still shined. 

I wanted to see if Percy still liked his favorite hang-out spot, too.