Fourty Eight : Our Time

ENJOY!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Xiao Xing Chen sat in the office waiting patiently for Wei Zhan. The clock showed 10 AM and gradually he grew impatient. He grabbed his phone and dialled Xue Yang.

"Hey Yang, is Yibo next to you?"

"No. He is not here yet and above that, he is not attending the call."

"It's the same with Zhan. I've been calling him for half an hour but no response."

"Are they alright? I mean, for the past two weeks Yibo appeared to be distressed. I guess they are under a cold war." Xue Yang  stated with concern.

"Oh yes. I've noticed it too. Zhan had a gloomy aura around him. Something is definitely not right." Xiao Xing Chen replied.

"Then let's inform Xichen Ge."

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Lan XiChen unlocked his phone on receiving a notification.

1 New Message

From: Xue Yang

Ge, Yibo and Zhan are not picking up our calls. They have not come to the office too. I guess something is wrong. Please have a check on them.

Concern casted over Lan XiChen upon reading the message. In the afternoon Lan XiChen and Meng Yao decided to visit the couple. They reached WeiLan within half an hour and pressed the calling bell.

"Why aren't they responding?" Meng Yao asked, concerned.

"Perhaps they are out?" Lan XiChen replied with a worried look.

"But they didn't inform us." Meng Yao added.

"Wait. I know the passcode."

Lan XiChen pressed the passcode and unlocked the door. The couple entered the mansion and went straight for their bedroom. They were shocked to see Lan Yibo and Wei Zhan curled up inside the duvet. Their skin flushed and forehead sweaty. They appeared dull and almost lifeless.

"Yibo! Zhan!" The two men rushed towards the bed.

"God! They are burning up!" Meng Yao exclaimed, examining their foreheads.

"Yibo! Zhan! Get up." Lan XiChen shrieked, shaking the couple.

"Ngh!" Wei Zhan weakly groaned and wriggled on the bed. He flickered his eyes open with difficulty and swiped his hair which was plastered on his forehead. Lan Yibo still lay unconscious beside him, his lips parted and breathed heavily.

"Zhan."

Wei Zhan recognized the familiar voice and cried out, "Xichen Ge…"

"A-Yao, let's bring them to the hospital. Quick."

Meng Yao nodded and they helped the couple to the hospital. Within a few minutes Xue Yang and Xiao Xing Chen joined them in the private medical room.

"What's wrong?" Xiao Xing Chen enquired.

"Nothing to worry. They are down with fever." Lan XiChen informed.

The young pair let out a sigh of relief. After an hour of waiting, the duo's condition improved. Wei Zhan woke up and questioned, "Where am I?"

"In the hospital." Xiao Xing Chen replied who was sitting on a chair beside him.

Wei Zhan furrowed his eyebrows and turned his face to the left to see Lan Yibo lying on the next bed.

"He is here too?"

"Yep. You both have fever. Yours is mild though. Yibo is not yet awake."

"Take some rest, Zhan. We'll talk later." Lan XiChen insisted.

"Oh boy…" Wei Zhan whispered and closed his eyes.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

In the evening Lan Yibo  and Wei Zhan woke up and sat upright on their bed.

"You guys have scared the shit out of us!" Xue Yang roared out.

"Stop screaming Yang. My head is still throbbing." Lan Yibo groaned.

"How did you both end up with a fever?" Meng Yao asked patiently.

"I guess we spent too much time running in the rain." Wei Zhan answered in a low voice.

"What do you mean?"

Lan Yibo and Wei Zhan looked at eachother and sighed. They explained their dreadful two weeks of misunderstanding and the dramatic yet idiotic reconciliation. The four men sat around them dumbfounded at their stupidity.

"Oh my freaking hell! Am I hearing it right?" Xiao Xing Chen gasped.

"Zhan! Yibo! You guys are not five year old kids. How can you both be so immature!" Lan XiChen glared at the two men.

Lan Yibo and Wei Zhan lowered their heads in guilt and kept their mouth shut.

"All of us were so envious about your compatibility and love. And even after so much of bonding, why did both question each other's trust?" Meng Yao looked at the couple softly. He knew both of them were guilty of their stubbornness.

"Listen, relationships are not all about love and care. There must be mutual trust and understanding. And talk out the disputes openly rather than hiding it. The unwanted silence would only worsen it." Lan XiChen voiced out calmly.

"We learned our lesson." Lan Yibo whispered.

"And will never repeat this again." Wei Zhan added.

Lan XiChen turned to face the other couple, "And to both of you, don't follow your friend's example."

"Of course not." Xiao Xing Chen got up and walked towards Xue Yang, hugging his waist. "We are smarter than them."

"Exactly." Xue Yang said with a smirk. Lan Yibo and Wei Zhan rolled their eyes at their friends and huffed.

"Still we are the best couple." Lan Yibo mumbled with a pout.  Meng Yao chuckled at the pouting boy while Wei Zhan smiled at his husband.

The doctor entered the room and informed, "Both of them are fine. You can go home tomorrow if you want. But I would still suggest a two day rest. Especially for Second Master Lan."

"Thanks for informing us, doctor. We'll see to it." Lan XiChen replied politely.