[11] Fairy Lights

[Outfit Above & Below]

6 months have passed and things have progressed further in Briar and Chris's relationship

6 months have passed and things have progressed further in Briar and Chris's relationship. They were now living together in the castle with Ben and his parents. With Chris and Briar both preparing to take over their kingdoms after cotillion, they were constantly in meetings. They decided that they would live in Chris's castle and rule both kingdoms together from there since it was the closest to Auradon making it easier to work with Ben and Mal.

This morning Briar was getting ready for a special date Chris had planned for her, he kept everything a secret. Briar smiled as Evie happily did her hair pulling it back and braiding it. The blue-haired princess had already done her makeup and helped pick out the perfect outfit for her date. "There. All done!" Briar smiled widely at Evie through the mirror. "Thank You so much, Evie. What would I do without my fashionista best friend."

Evie leaned her head on the blonde's shoulder and grinned. "Oh you know..have a fashion faux pas." The two laughed until a knock at Evie and Mal's dorm door. "He's here" Evie sang. Briar stood up and grabbed her small purse that she could slip into her horse's saddlebag. Evie opened the door wide revealing briar to Chris who smiled instantly. "There's my beautiful little fairy." Briar giggled softly at his compliment and happily took the hand he held out to her.

Chris and Briar made their way to the large barn on campus where many students boarded their horses during school. Two of the barn attendants had each Chris and briar's horses out and ready for them. "Thank you." Briar smiled at the two who nodded respectfully. Chris helped lift Briar up onto her horse before they took off through the forest, Briar laughed as she ran after Chris trying to keep up.

The princess had unknowingly followed him to a clearing in the forest that was brightened by fairy lights strung up and a picnic set up on a blanket. "Chris...this is amazing" Briar blushed as they came to a slow stop beside each other. "Wait is this.." Briar trailed off as she looked around in awe. "Where your parents first met? Yeah...Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather helped me set it up."

Briar slid down off of her horse goldie and walked towards Chris wrapping her arms around his torso. "I love it. Thank You" She smiled sweetly up at him, Chris leaned down and met his lips to hers in a soft kiss before leading her to the blanket where they ate lunch.

꧁꧂

Chris took a deep breath before a certain song came on, he stood up and held his hand down to Briar. "Dance with me?" Briar smiled softly and took his hand letting him help her up. Briar wrapped her arms around his neck and the two swayed around to a slow cover of 'So This is Love' with their foreheads resting together. Briar softly hummed along with the song, Chris slowly spun her out once and brought her back to his chest.

Briar rested her head against Chris's shoulder, the sandy-haired prince let his chin lean on the top of her head. As the song came to an end Chris took Briar's hands in his own and the two stopped dancing. "Briar Rose. You are my truest love. My soulmate. You keep me optimistic and sane. You keep me good. In all honesty, I don't deserve you but I am so happy you are mine. Calling you my girlfriend is not enough...I want to call you my wife."

Briar's eyes had tears in them as she watched Chris get down on one knee and hold out a silver rose and vine-designed ring with a large round pink diamond in the center with two smaller blue diamonds on either corner. Gasping softly Briar covered her mouth with her hand. "Briar Rose...Will you marry me?"

"Yes! Yes, yes yes." Briar cried out. She cupped Chris's face in her hands and brought him closer to her to press their lips together in a sweet kiss. "A billion times yes" Briar whispered to him before he slipped the ring onto her left hand. The newly engaged couple spent the rest of their time swaying in each other's arms just enjoying to slow music and sounds of the forest around them.

꧁꧂

Briar separated from Chris to find her friends, she made her way towards the courtyard where Evie, Mal, Lonnie, and Jane were. Briar took a deep breath to calm her excitement and put on a slightly saddened face to trick her friends as she approached them. "Oh, Briar Rose!" Jane exclaimed, notifying the others that the blonde was back from her date. "Well-" Evie sang as she clapped her hands excitedly. "How'd it go?"

"It was fine. Nothing special happened." Mal tilted her head looking at her in concern. "What's wrong B? You're never this down." Briar shrugged lightly as she sat down. "Just sad that I will be the married girl of our group." Lonnie nodded. "Yeah, that's sad." All of the girls snapped towards Briar with wide eyes. "Oh, my apples! Are you.." Evie gasped excitedly.

Briar held up her hand. "I'm engaged!" The girls broke out into squeals and giggles of excitement as they flocked the blonde looking at her ring and already beginning to plan what was going to be one of the extravagant weddings of the century.

꧁꧂

So I'm not sure if you guys can see the outfits I make at the beginning of each chapter so I will be including them on the bottom from now on as well.
Anywayssss THEY ARE ENGAGED YAY
I have a lot planned and this is just something starting it. It is a Disney based story so things will happen a lot faster than it would realistically or in any of my other stories.
(And in case you are wondering Bri and Chris are 18 and will be 19 in D3)
~ A

 (And in case you are wondering Bri and Chris are 18 and will be 19 in D3) ~ A