[22] Sleepy Time

The next day Briar and Evie were going over some designs for the royal tour she and Chris will be taking to the other kingdoms

The next day Briar and Evie were going over some designs for the royal tour she and Chris will be taking to the other kingdoms. They didn't expect Mal to come by so early before they got ready for Janes's party but they were happy she did. Mal had come to tell them that the queen's crown and her mother's scepter were taken.

"Who else knows about the crown and the scepter?" Evie asked while placing her chin on the palm of her hand.

"No one." Mal said with a shrug. "I mean... Think about it. It was scary enough as it is. We have to employ these entirely new security measures."

"Will this delay our bringing over more VKs?" Briar asked with a frown. They promised the kids a chance.

"We're talking about closing the barrier for good." Mal answered.

"But you said no?" Evie inquired with a light scoff. "I mean the four of us are living the dream here, and we finally get to share that. I mean, what could be more important than that?"

"Yeah. I know. - I mean, maybe security or maybe peace of mind for everyone in Auradon." Mal explained slowly as she sat down. She seemed uncomfortable with the conversation.

"Is that what they're thinking? M, were they seriously thinking that no one will ever go in and out of the Isle ever again? What, we never get to go back and see our parents?" Evie questioned.

"And what about these kids? We promised them that they could go back and visit whenever they wanted. And all the others we told would get their chance." Briar said with worry. As much as she and Chris would want to keep the barrier the way it is, Mal and Ben have the final say.

"Yeah. I know." Mal sighed heavily.

"M, I'm so glad that you are going to be queen. You will be a part of these conversations, you will stand up for the VKs." Evie said sincerely as she wrapped Mal in a hug.

"Thank you for telling us. And you'll be a great queen." Briar added with an endearing smile.

꧁꧂

Briar met up with Ben in his office, the two were going to Janes's birthday party together. They were supposed to be meeting everyone else there but were stopped when Jane called Ben.

"Hey, Jane, Briar and I are on our way to the party. My meetings ran long."

"No, no, stay where you are, Ben. Keep Briar with you too!" Jane quickly told him and put the call on speaker.

"Audrey stole the scepter, and everyone's asleep." Chris explained from beside her. "She'll be coming after you Ben."

"Is Mal with you?" Ben asked worriedly but Jane had hung up.

"What do we do?" Ben asked Briar when he turned to look at her. He wasn't ready for something like this to happen.

"Call for the guards. Order them to put on gas masks and search for her." Briar told him calmly. She held a strong front but inside she was panicking. What was Audrey doing and what was her plan?

"I'll go check Evie's house and see if they are still there." Briar said, she placed Janes's present down and spun around to leave when Ben stopped her.

"What? No! Jane and Chris just said to stay together." Ben argued, he was already worried about Mal he didn't want to worry for the girl he thought of as a big sister.

"I'll be okay Ben. I have my magic remember. Good is stronger than Evil." Briar squeezed his hand before leaving the room.

The blonde made her way through the quieter hallway she passed a few guards and directed them to Ben's office to stand there in case Audrey showed up. She wasn't expecting to run into the aforementioned princess.

Briar looked around the foyer in shock, many guards and employees were asleep on the floor.

"Oh my.." Briar mumbled.

"Well if it isn't my perfect big sister."

Briar looked to where the voice came from finding Audrey in a darkened outfit, her hair now a mix of blue and purple and Maleficent's scepter in hand. Audrey grinned evilly as her sister eyed her in shock.

"What do you think of my new look? I stopped waiting for what's rightfully mine and I took it." Audrey said, she did a spin and tapped the crown on her head.

"Audrey..what did you do?" Briar asked carefully, she tried taking small steps closer.

"I gave them a piece of their own medicine." Audrey said plainly.

"This isn't like you Audrey. This is the scepter using you." Briar tried to reason with her.

"Using me or not I like this new me." Audrey argued. Her head tilted as she stared at Briar while mindlessly playing with the scepter.

"If it weren't for your little friends I would be queen and everything would be as it should be. I think it's your turn." Audrey used the scepter to sweep them both up in a cloud of smoke and brought them to what used to be Briar and Chris's room in Ben's family castle.

Briar looked around her in shock, the room was being covered in pointy vines just like the ones their father had to cut through to get to their mom.

"You want the perfect fairytale? Let's see if your prince can save you now." Audrey said before shooting a wave of magic at Briar.

"Nighty night sissy." Audrey teased as she cast a sleeping spell.

The blonde was levitated onto the bed and placed in the same position as her mother was many years ago. Her hands clasped on her chest holding a single pink rose. Audrey laughed darkly before disappearing into a cover of smoke. The room continued to be blocked off by layers of vines creating a fortress against the doors. Briar was officially barricaded in and no one knew where she was to get her out or wake her up.

Author Speaks
So that happened