Chapter 24

When we came back, Charlie was mad at Bella.
He wasn't too mad at me, knowing I just went with Bella to make sure she was okay.
She was grounded for the rest of her life, I wasn't.
Even Edward wasn't allowed inside the house anymore, but Jasper and Alice were welcome.

Jasper laid next to me and I had missed sleeping next to him so much.
"Promise me you won't leave again?" I whispered and he pulled me closer.

"I promise, darling. I'll never leave you" he whispered and I looked up at him.
"I love you" I whispered and kissed his lips. "You have no idea how long I wanted to say that to you"
"I love you too" he whispered against my lips and kissed me again.

~

The next evening we went to the Cullens house. They were all back now. I hugged Rosalie and she hugged me back.
"You're all back!" I shouted and hugged Emmett next.

He lift me up and threw me in the air.
"Hell yes little Banshee!" he shouted.
"I'm not little you gorilla!" I shouted and went to Esme.

"I'm happy to see you're doing okay" she said and hugged me.
"I'm happy that you're back" I whispered and hugged Carlisle.

"Your mother would be proud of you, Emma" he said and hugged me back.
I walked to Jasper and held his hands.
"I like your jacket" he said and I laughed. I was wearing his jacket.

"Thank you, I like it too. It's actually from my favourite person" I said and turned around.
Jasper hugged me from behind and kissed my neck softly.

Bella came in and made the announcement that she wanted to be turned into a vampire.
"You all know what I want" she said. "And I know how much I'm asking for. The only thing that I can think of for it to be fair is to just vote"

"You don't know what you're talking about" said Edward.
"Shut up" said Bella making me snort. "Alice"
"I already consider you my sister" said Alice and hugged Bella. "Yes"

"Thank you" said Bella.
"I vote yes" said Jasper, we stood at the other side of the room. He didn't want a repeat of last time, even though he had more control now. "It would be nice to not want to kill you all the time"

I chuckled and squeezed his hands that were on my stomach.
"Emma?" asked Bella.
"It's your life, Bells. If this is what you want and you're certain of it. Then I vote yes" I said.
"Thank you" said Bella.

"I'm sorry" said Rosalie. "I'm really sorry to both of you for how I've acted. And I'm really grateful that you were brave enough to go and save my brother. But this isn't a life I would have chosen for myself. And I wish that there had been someone to vote no for me. So, no"

"I vote hell, yeah" laughed Emmett and lifted Bella up. "And we can pick a fight with these Volturi some other way"
"I already consider you a part of the family" said Esme. "Yes"

Carlisle walked closer to Bella and looked at Edward.
"Why are you doing this to me?" asked Edward. "You know what this means"
"You've chosen not to live without her, which leaves me no choice. I won't lose my son" said Carlisle.

~

I laid with Jasper in is bed and he played with my hair.
"What would you have done, if I were a normal human? Would you have voted yes?" I asked.

"I don't know. If it was what you really wanted" he whispered. "I think I would have"
"Okay" I whispered and closed my eyes.
I slowly fell asleep with Jasper his fingers in my hair and his cold lips against my forehead.
"I love you, Emma Marshall"

-End of New Moon