Chapter 30

After our Maddie and I's sob session, we cleaned up everything-- including the spilled popcorn. I straightened out the bed and decided to shower and change before we went out.

I turned the shower on to the hottest setting; people call me insane because it's literally boiling hot, but when the water hits my back, I don't even feel the heat. All I feel are my muscles relaxing and resetting. After my softball games, I would sit in the shower for hours, trying to block out the screams between my parents and sometimes Nathan. I would be in there so long the water would turn cold and my hands pruny.

I grabbed my coconut shampoo and put a little in the palm of my hand. I massaged my scalp, digging my fingernails lightly into my head. After washing the shampoo out, I used the matching conditioner and worked it into my hair starting at the ends. Before rinsing it out, I decided to shave instead of waxing, so I used a clip and pined my hair up so it was out of the way. I grabbed my exfoliator and rubbed it all over my legs and arms. I rinsed it off, rubbed shaving cream on my legs, and started shaving.

It's been a while since I shaved. The reason I stopped was because I could never get my hands on a razor. I never trusted myself to keep the razors in the cartridge, if you know what I mean. I won't lie, I used to cut myself, but that was a long time ago. I thought it was my only option, but I slowly learned that it wasn't. I slowly had to heal my mind on my own. I know Nathan saw them when he would force himself on to me, but he didn't say anything. I think that's what made me think it was ok.

After I finished saving, I only then realized the tears streaming down my face and mixing with the water from the shower. I shook my head, ridding myself of any bad thoughts and rinsed my hair of the conditioner. I turned the shower to an icy, cold temperature, and stood in it for a minute or two. I heard it helps with weight loss, and apparently it's good for your hair and skin. 

I used a towel to dry my body off, then used it to wrap up my hair. I threw on a robe to cover up them decided to do my skin care before leaving. I washed my face, applied toner and moisturizer, then brushed my teeth again.

I stepped out of the bathroom, steam following me and dispersing in the air. I walked to my closet and opened the door. I chose an off the shoulder white shirt, blue mom jeans, and a fuzzy oversized jacket. I pulled the towel from my head, letting my hair fall past my shoulders. I ringed it out as much as I could, and fluffed it up with my fingers a bit. I threw on a few bracelets and sneakers to finish my look. 

Grabbing my wallet, I made my way down the stairs to find everyone ready- except Maddie, go figure. I silently sat on the couch with all eyes on me.

"What?" I asked to no on win particular. 

"Nothing," Enzo trailed off. 

"Ok, stop, what is it?"

"Nothing, it's just, I want to apologize for almost calling you a son- a bad word" Gio said.

I started laughing like a hyena, "Stephan made you say that, huh?"

"He's been on my back like he's gonna kill me if I didn't say sorry."

"And I would have," Stephan elbowed Gio.

I smiled at their idiotic relationship and stood up, "where's Maddie?"

"Getting ready, like always" Gavin said.

"She takes longer than me! And I still look better than her," Jason scoffed, "right, Kelly?"

I laughed and nodded until Maddie came down and said, "wow Kelly, that's what you think of me?"

"Fucking finally!" Jason yelled.

Enzo grabbed Gio's truck keys and we all hopped in. Gio and Enzo were up in the front while I sat on Stephan's lap, Kelly sat on Gavin's, and Jason was by himself. Enzo drove us to the mall a couple towns over and parked the truck in the middle of the lot. We all piled out and walked into the mall. Maddie and I linked arms, and started walking towards Bath and Body Works. The boys trailed behind us, groaning in annoyance. 

We ended up smelling a few perfumes and putting them back, deciding not to buy anything.

"Why did you make us go in there if you didn't even buy anything?" Jason asked.

"Because Jason, maybe I thought I wanted to get something, and decided not too" I said.

You would figure that Jason wouldn't mind going shopping, but he absolutely despises it. Maddie and I continued to walk around, popping in and out of store until we reached American Eagle. Maddie and I separated because she is more into the vintage style jeans, while I was more into skinny and ripped jeans. Jason and Gavin followed Maddie, Gio and Enzo went to the men's section, and Stephan and I went to the skinny jeans. 

I grabbed a pair of black ripped jeans, solid acid washed jeans, medium washed flared jeans, and my absolute favorite jeans: super ripped, cropped blue jeans. I already knew this trip was going to be costly, so I was prepared. I also grabbed a floral crop top, and a long sleeve black shirt. Maddie was already paid for and off in another store, so Stephan and I rang up. 

"Ok ma'am, your total will be $234.27; will you be paying with cash or card?"

"Card," Stephan butted in.

"Cash" I corrected.

I pulled out two hundreds, a twenty, a ten, and a five, then gave it to the women. She gave me my change and my bag, and thanked me for shopping with them.

"I could have paid, you know that right?" Stephan placed my arm on his bicep.

"I know, but it's not your clothes."

Stephan ignored me, and we walked to the elevator and took it to the next floor. I started heading for Victoria's Secret, and I left Stephan's arm. 

"You, stay out here. I will be out soon" I smiled.

"No, I wan't to come in. Things can be very expensive, Kelly" Stephan shook his head.

"Hey, I don't care. Besides, it's weird if you come in,' I said, "look at all the men standing out here, waiting for their wives or girlfriends."

Stephan rolled his eyes, "if you're not out in ten minutes, I coming to get you."

I agreed to the terms of his deal but I guess I lost track of time, because next thing I knew, I heard Stephan's voice from behind me.

"That's cute, get it," Stephan nodded his head at the small, sheer, strappey, black lace lingerie in my hands.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry I took so long to upload a new chapter, I have been super busy with school but I want to get this out to you guys. I hope you guys enjoy this, it was a bit of a filler chapter but you guy got to read a bit into Kelly's past. Thank you guys for the endless support on all my chapter and thank you for all the corrections lollll! Gotta Blast!

QOTC: What is your favorite store to buy jeans/bottoms?

-jackie