CHAPTER 24

LILY POV:

He has not even said a word about last night. It hurt to think that he doesn't want to speak about it.

Did I do a mistake by telling him about me?

I couldn't help but think that he's going to leave me for good. My chest hurt at that thought. I believed him to understand and Eric being Eric completely avoided the topic when I brought it up that morning. It seemed as though......

"I'm leaving, Lily", Eric spoke as he adjusted his tie looking at the mirror.

"Eric...I ha...have to speak to you", I looked at him through the mirror. I bit my lip as he walked towards me, sitting on the bed.

"What is it?", he asked.

Oh god! How do I start? Apple fudge!!

"Uhmm....I...", I stammered finding the right words. He waited patiently, his eyes never leaving mine.
"Are you going to leave me? As in divorce?", I blurted out without thinking. Eric looked shocked at my question as I slapped a hand over my mouth. He was silent for a few minutes.
"Where the hell did you get this scandalous thought?!", he asked as he stood up. Tears blurred my vision.

"You did not say anything about last night and I thought you were fed up of my troubles. I thought you would like to have a peaceful life without me. I'm just a big burden, I don't even know why you married me, a simple girl with many complications. I just...", he cut me off with his lips on mine.

I was stunned as he kissed me hard, as if punishing me. It felt as though it has been ages since we kissed last. His breathing turned ragged as I felt myself getting hot. It was the most dominating one I've received from him. He pulled me closer, pressing me to him, not once leaving my lips. I pushed at his chest, indicating I needed air and he pulled back resting his forehead on mine. 

"Don't you dare ever say that you're a burden. You are the only thing that keeps me sane, sweetheart. As for my silence, I thought it would be helpful if I didn't talk about those fuckers! I thought you wouldn't want to talk about them. But I am so sorry for making you feel this way. I'm sorry for everything", he breathed in one go. 
He made me sit on the bed and continued.

"You want to know how I feel?", he asked cupping my face.

"I feel as though I don't deserve you. No one deserves a woman like you. So pure, so innocent, so strong, so lovely, so caring. I couldn't even imagine a little girl going through so much. Even when your own father treated you like a trash, you did not give up. Three men abused you. Yet, you stand before me with a beautiful smile on your face. You showed me that it's possible to smile even after what you went through. I don't deserve you"

"But what if I want you? And only you?", I asked smiling. His speech made me cry. He looked at me, smiling too.

"Then I'm honoured, angel. I'm too selfish to let you go anyway. You're stuck with me for eternity and I'm not planning on changing it", he smirked crashing his lips on mine.

He kissed ferociously, sealing everything he said. His hands went around my waist while I circled mine around his neck. We fell on the bed with him hovering over me. I tugged at his hair as I felt tingles spread throughout my body. He groaned as he nibbled on my skin.

"You're mine", he growled riding my shirt up. His fingers traced the curve of my breast as I felt poking on my thighs. I felt something wet between my legs making me clench them. 

Our sweet moment was cut off by Eric's phone. I was about to get up but he pushed me back down, his hand going down to my shorts.
"Ignore it", he mumbled into my neck, kissing my spot.