Chapter 26: Reflection

Finale

Finn's POV

After a year full of craziness, with the start of the year with Oliver befriending me... just to ask my help courting my best friend. With all the times that I had to sacrifice my own sanity and happiness for my best friend, with all the times that urged me to just drop the both of them, with all the guilt that came with being with Oliver and with all the crazy blonde bitches named Bella in my way, and that shitty car crash that cost us a lot of money... this particular day was gonna be the end of it all. 

Today was the last day of school, and as usual, we didn't have anything to do. I didn't want to go but Heather convinced me once again. And I'm sure that Oliver wouldn't like it if I didn't go.

I threw on one of Oliver's sweatshirt that he left in my possession. I ran my fingers through my hair, put on some jeans and called it a day.

I went down stairs to find my dad sitting on one of the island chairs, a coffee mug on his hand as he clicked away on his laptop- as usual. 

"Good Morning, Dad." I greeted sleepily as I slid in the chair beside him.

"Good Morning... my sperm."

I stared at my dad with furrowed brows while he failed to contain his laughter over his own joke. 

"Sorry. It's been a while since I've said that." He said as he finally was able to control his laughter.

I sipped from my cup and started preparing myself a bowl of cereal.

"Ah ah, no, stop that, Finn. I'll make you your food for today. You know, since it's the last day of school." My mom interrupted me, grabbing the bowl from my hands.

"Oh, sure. Thank you." I said and sat back on my chair. 

I noticed the constant hammering outside of our house which reminded me of something. "I can't believe how long all that renovating is taking, my broken arm's almost healed." 

"I know, but it's all for the sake of the house and for our safety." My dad said.

"That's true." I said.

If you're wondering what happened after the crash, it's been almost four week since it happened and we've been renovating the porch that was completely destroyed. Oh and also, we managed to catch the guy who was the root of all the problems and oh what a surprise, it was my mom's abusive ex who was also the one asking her for money and I guess this was his 'revenge'. Needless to say, he'll be rotting in prison for all the shit he's caused. The downside to him being caught, my mom's been awfully guilty and now she's trying to 'make up' for it when none of it was even her fault. But I'll gladly forget all of those that happened and move on, I'm alright, my family is alright, my friends are alright, nothing else matters other than that.

As time passed, I looked out the window with a sigh. It was a beautiful morning and it was one of those days where you could just tell that it was gonna be a good day. The sun was out, kids were playing outside, the group chat where Jason, Oliver, Heather and I were pinging from notifications, mostly from Heather and Jason being noisy.

"Well look who's happy today, why are you smiling?" My dad said which woke me out of my trance.

I didn't even realize that I had been smiling just out of the blue. 

"Oh, nothing. Just... think it's gonna be a good day. I mean, hopefully it'll be." 

"Uhuh, what makes you think that?"