XIV. a video

y/n's pov:
continuation of last chapter:
TW: Self harm

INSTEAD OF ACCOMPANYING MARCUS TO fall fest, i thought it was best to stay in bed and sleep

INSTEAD OF ACCOMPANYING MARCUS TO fall fest, i thought it was best to stay in bed and sleep. or try to at least. marcus kept pestering me about going with him but i declined every single time.

it took a while for him to finally walk out the door. he kept saying that he didn't want to leave me alone but had to go speak to ginny about leaving him alone. i brushed it off and just went on my phone.

i was exhausted from the events that happened at the school. it was all so much to process. in the moment i couldn't understand why i was afraid of how press was acting but thinking and analyzing the situation, he reminded me of my biological father.

'i'm not trying to hurt you' it's exactly what he said right before he would hurt me. and the bad thing is i tried to justify it, like just because he was my boyfriend that it was okay. and it's not.

at this point i couldn't help but let out a sob. it was so painful to actually lay here and think about the things that happened to me, let alone these things being done by someone whose supposed to love and protect you.

my mind wandered to things like taking away the pain. cutting myself to more specific. one of the reasons i began to cut myself was because feeling physical pain was much more bearable then the emotional pain i felt on a daily, that i still feel.

i almost felt compelled to grab the small blade i kept in my bag. and before i knew it i had snatched the small object and made my way to the bathroom. i shut the door behind me, placing my hands on the counter. my gaze fell from my reflection in the mirror to the blade in my hand.

i looked down at my left wrist acknowledging the huge purplish-blueish bruise. i traced my pointer finger along the faded scars from months ago. it was like i was in a trance. when i snapped out of it, i had multiple cuts on my arm, some deep, some not. i cleaned everything up, making sure i left no trace as to what i was doing considering this wasn't my bathroom.

before walking out i glanced at the clinging of my bracelet on my right wrist. i thought for a moment before i slid it off my hand and placed it on the counter. i sighed before walking out the bathroom.

shutting the bathroom door behind me, i walked to marcus' closet and grabbed a hoodie. i slipped the purple hoodie over my head. it was huge on me but i didn't mind. i climbed into his bed and pulled the blankets over my shoulders. i grabbed a pillow and hugged it close to my body.

i sobbed uncontrollably until i felt my eyelids slowly grow heavy and shut.

...

marcus' pov:

talking to ginny was a bust. she just couldn't understand that i didn't want or need her attention. in response to my speech she drew a dick on my face. how immature am i right?