XVII. in a cute way not a creepy way

y/n's pov:
continuation of the last chapter:

AS THEY WALKED OFF, MARCUS TURNED my body so that I was facing him

AS THEY WALKED OFF, MARCUS TURNED my body so that I was facing him. he took my chin in between his thumb and index finger. he gave me that cute grin of his that instantly made me smile.

wait, did i just call his grin... cute? okay i'm convinced i'm going crazy. i'm going absolutely insane! he's my best friend for chrissake. but his grin is still adorable.

"question?" i mumble as he continues to make eye contact with me.

"hit me" he replies.

"why are you here?" i blurt out. right as he's about to answer i interrupt him. "question?"

"hmm?"

"are you stalking me?" i ask again. but before he can answer i interrupt him again. "quest-" marcus covered my mouth with his big hands.

why haven't i noticed how big his hands are. oh my god. what is wrong with me? everything, absolutely everything.

"are you gonna let me answer any of those questions, princess?" he asks in a raspy voice which makes me feel all fuzzy inside.

the flirty pet names are back now. it was never nothing new but now it just feels like it's coming from a different approach and to be honest i don't mind.

i nod and he backs up, taking my small hand in his and we began walking home. "i saw your run in with pres- asshole, and followed you here. so yes i'm stalking you but in a cute way not a creepy way" he says the last part jokingly, smiling sheepishly.

"your turn? who were those people? and why'd you agree to babysit strangers, kids? frankly i'm not looking forward to you getting murdered. i'd like to keep you alive as long as i can and you going around saying yes to babysitting kids you don't even know could prevent you from living-" this time i was the one to cover his mouth with my hand.

as i was about to speak, he stuck out his tongue and licked my palm. "marcus!" i groaned while wiping my hand on his shirt.

he chuckled and grabbed my hand once again and began tugging me alongside him. "this is going to sound crazy but i feel..." i paused debating if i should even say anything.

"spit it out, [y/n/n]" marcus demands.

"...connected. i feel connected to them. i'm not sure how to describe it but that women, maria, she looked so familiar like i should know who she is but i don't remember. also the name doesn't sound familiar. and the kids i-i don't know but i have this gut feeling like... i don't know just forget about it."

a couple minutes go by and he still hasn't said anything. and i just realized how stupid that sounded out when you actually say it out loud.

"i don't think that's crazy" he finally says. "that women, i feel like i've seen that face before. in a picture or something"