Chapter 5

Willow's POV

The next morning I was stiff and sore from sleeping on the floor. I glance at the clock by the bed and see that I got maybe 4 hours of sleep. This was going to be a long day. The energy from the night before seems to have dispersed and the air felt cool and calm once again. I stood and stripped off my ridiculously wrinkled dress and threw it in the corner. Based on the pile that has been built up there I needed to find a laundry mat soon. Thankfully Deloris takes care of the towels and bed linens.

I climbed into the shower and adjusted the temperature to something a just shy of blistering and hoped the extreme heat would help melt the knots in my muscles. I scrub myself from tip to toes than I just stood under the spray letting it hit the back of my neck and run down until the temperature was nearing hypothermic. Finally climbing out I grabbed one of the thin towels provided and dry myself off. For the first time since I started this journey I regret not having a hair straightener. My hair although long wasn't curly but it wasn't straight either. I usually don't care too much about it and either braid it or throw it in a messy bun. However, since Friday night, I have been thinking about my appearance a whole lot more.

I felt an attraction to Dom and I am pretty sure he felt it too. I really want to ask Lia where he lives but immediately drop that idea.Besides what would I say "Hi, remember me? We said all of 10 words to each other at the bar the other night." Yeah, that's not gonna to happen.

I finish getting ready pulling on my tried and true jeans and a soft sweater now that the temperatures have stayed on the cooler side. Combat boots and leather jacket in place I head to the office to ask Deloris about a laundry mat.

I open my door and scream stumbling back because where I expected open space was filled with a mountain of a man with his fist raised like he was about to knock on the door. He reached out and grabbed my arm and steadied me before I actually fell. The live wire was there again. My eyes travel up his chest noticing how the tight blue teeshirt that is visible under his black leather jacket shows off his well defined muscles, past the thick column of his neck that has my lips tingling to taste it, until I had to crane my neck to see his face only to get lost in his deep blue eyes all over again. My mouth is dry and I can't help but lick my bottom lip. Dom

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." he said as his hand slid down my arm leaving a sparkling feeling in it's wake like champagne in my blood.

"It's fine. What are you doing here?" I ask realizing after the fact that may have come across rude without intending it too.

"I came to see if you wanted to go grab breakfast." He said as he leaned against the door frame.

"Yeah, I would like that." I say while pushing a stray hair behind my ear.

"Great! Shall we then?" He asked with a slight bow and offering his arm.

"We shall." I say with a giggle taking his arm. Holy Hell did I just giggle?

AfterI lock my door we walk over to his car and he opens the passenger door for me. I know I shouldn't get into a stranger's car, I know that logically what I am doing is ridiculously high on the stupidity chart but I can't help but feel safe with him, I can't explain it. I take a deep breath while buckling my seatbelt, it smells like him in here but I still can't figure out what brand of cologne he wears. This is going to bug me. He drives a sleek black sports car that purrs to life as he pushes the start button.

The drive is far to short for my taste as we arrive at the diner on 3rd. It is remarkably slow for a Sunday morning, than again it is still early. He shuts off the car and before I am even unbuckled he is opening my door and offering me his arm again. I can't help the smile that creeps up my face as the tingles explode from where ever we touch.