When he thinks you're cheating (Todd)

A/N: I wanted to make these as preferences but they turned out to be longer than planned, so I'm making separate parts for each character. Enjoy!

For a few days now Todd had been avoiding you. You had no idea why - you didn't remember doing anything that could've hurt him - and when you tried talking to him, it only resulted in an embarrassed glance, burning red cheeks and him quickly gathering his stuff before walking away.

This lasted for three or four days, until you decided it was about time the two of you had a decent conversation. So that evening, after leaving your latin class - the last one of the day - you ran up to him as the students were heading back to the dorms.

"Todd!"

He didn't answer you - didn't even look at you.

"Todd, we need to talk."

He quickened his pace, but you grabbed his shoulder, forcing him to spin around.

"What is it?" he said in a loud and frustrated tone you'd never heard from him. A few people turned towards you, glaring.

"I just want to talk," you tell him, looking up straight into his eyes.

"I have history work to do."

"Oh, same. Maybe we can do it together at the study group tonight."

He bit his lip and looked away. Obviously, the perspective of it didn't please him.

"Look, Todd," you said, your voice softening, "I just want to know why you've been avoiding me. Did I do anything? Say anything that hurt you? If so I'm really sorry, but I think I at least deserve to know why you're giving me the silent treatment."

Todd closed his eyes, shook his head, then opened them.

"I - I have history work to do, Y/N."

"No."

He frowned. "What do you mean, no?"

"No. I'm not letting you go until you tell me what's the problem."

"I - I...." Then he sighed loudly. "Fine. Let's go somewhere private."

He went inside his dorm, and the next second, Neil was being literally pushed out of it.

"So," you began as you closed the door behind you and sat beside him on his bed, "why are you avoiding me?" He didn't answer. "Please, Todd, I just want to understand. You're my boyfriend and I love you, but if this is how it's gonna be then I don't want to take this relationship any further."

His eyes widened when he heard that last sentence. "No, no that's - not - what I meant..."

"Then what?"

"I - I saw you... the other day... talking to Crickley... You were laughing and he took your hand in his... So I - I thought...."

His face reddened and he looked away. Gently, you placed you hand on his knee. "But what you didn't see," you told him in a soft voice, "is that I pulled away and I told him I wasn't interested because my heart was already taken."

"Really?" Todd's face lit up.

"Yes." You leaned in to kiss him, and he whispers against your lips: "I'm sorry. I thought - I thought you were cheating."

"I'd never do that, Todd. I love you."

"I love you too."