Chapter 5: The Killing

The woman that stopped the young man from killing himself was at her house. Both of them were. They were talking. There was a third person. He was young. None of them saw each other. They were talking in the dark. The woman knew the third guy's face. He knew hers. The guy that almost killed himself only knew the woman's face. They were talking. Planning something to do tonight.

"I thank you, for everything you have done, but this," Joseph paused, he said this angrily or he was confused or it was all of the above. "this is crazy. What are you some kind of psychopath?"

"What makes you think that?" The third guy asked. He said this casually.

"First this woman, stops me from killing myself, then she brings me to this place," Joseph paused. "god knows what this place is. Then here we are speaking in the dark. And who the hell is this guy." He pointed at the dark shadowy figure.

"You'll know who I am soon. Let's keep it a secret for now." The third guy was still calm while saying this.

"I am not doing it, hell no. I'll report this." Joseph said.

"You will do it." The woman said with menace.

"How in the world am I going to do it," Joseph replied, defeated. He knew there was no way he could get out of this alone.

"I'll make sure you end up in a psychiatric hospital and be there forever. You don't have much of a choice." The woman said, this time it wasn't almost a threat. It was threatening.

"Better than ending up in jail," Joseph said.

"Oh no, you are not going to jail. Our plan won't leave a trace of you nor us." The third guy said.

"You know what, I'm leaving," Joseph said.

He got up from where he was sitting. He turned towards the door. He started to walk. The woman started following him. He hurried. It was dark. Speed had its limits. She kept her pace. She kicked him in the groin. He was hurt. He bent down, in pain. She took advantage. She quickly took the handcuffs out of her belt and cuffed him behind his back. He resisted. The woman was strong for her age. Stronger in fact. She pushed him down and looked back. The third guy came near her. It was still dark. They both lifted one leg each and dragged him. Dragged him to another room. They dropped his legs on the ground. The third guy brought a chair. The woman lifted him and placed him there. He didn't resist. There was no point in resisting. She went back to the chair. She opened one of the arms and put it around the chair. She took another handcuff and did the same with the open arm. They all stared in silence at each other in the dark for a while.

"Now, you listen to us." The third person in the room said.

Joseph was scared, he didn't know what else to do. He should have listened to what his mother always told him. Never go with strangers. Never talk to them. Never take from them. But he was older now, he could take care of himself, until now.

"What the hell do you want me to do?" Joseph asked.

"You know what we want to do." The woman replied.

"No, I don't," Joseph said.

"Figure it out then." The third guy said.

Joseph didn't reply nor did the woman.

"How certain are you we won't get caught? Joseph asked.

"Very." The third guy replied.

Joseph was scared, he was young. Very young. "When?" He asked.

"Now." The woman replied.

The woman went near Joseph. He was still handcuffed to the chair. Looking at the dark ground. The floor was dark because the room was dark. Thinking. Thinking about what he was about to do. What he was forced into doing. The woman opened both of Joseph's hands. He still sat there. He didn't know what else to do. The woman lifted him. Rather harshly. He was up. He was like a prisoner. A servant, of the bad kind. The woman held him tightly by the arm. More like pinching than holding tightly. The woman began to walk. Joseph began to walk. Forced to walk. They went to another room. It was hard for Joseph to tell if they were going to the back of the house or the front from the inside. The woman opened a door. They walked out. It was very dark outside. The neon signs were off. Except for a twenty-four-hour fast food restaurant. The woman pushed him towards the left. That's where the car stood. The same blue sedan in which the woman picked Joseph up. Little did he know what he got himself into They started walking towards it. The woman walked on her free will. Joseph was forced to. The woman opened the back door and shoved him inside. She slammed the door shut. Then she went towards the front. She opened the door on the driver's side and sat, then closed the door. She was calm. Like she wanted to do this for a long time. The other guy was not in the car. He was back in the house. He didn't want his face to be seen by anyone. He was desperate. The woman started the car and began driving.