Exhaustion

Lias pov:
It is week two already and nothing special happened. Everyday we would do a new activity with the whole camp. The rest of the day we would play games, go swimming in the lake and chill at the campfire in the evening. I don't complain I love it here.

Today we have like a "free" day where we don't do any activity and can do whatever we want. Me and the boys slept in until 10am and are now at breakfast. I got myself a fruit salad and a bread slice with some ham. The boys have scrambled eggs with bacon and also bread.

"I heard some people here want to play capture the flag later and since we don't have any plans I thought it would be cool if we join them" Justin explains with his mouth full. "I'm in but please swallow your food the next time before you talk" I say slightly disgusted. "Sorry" he smiles at me.

~

I put on some Nike shorts and a oversized T-shirt. We make ourselves to the big grass area where some people are already standing. In the Camp we're in total forty people but of course not all of them want to play so we were like "only" twenty people who are playing which means that we got 10 people on each team.

Team 1: Me, Justin, Jacob, Theo and some other people I don't know the names of
Team 2: Tyler, Paul, Caleb, Liam and again some other people I don't know the names of

"For those who don't know how this game works, we have two teams. Each team has one flag which is located at their side of the field. The goal is to capture the flag of the opposite team and bring it safely to their side of the field." A guy from the other team explains.

"Can we stop those who are stealing our flag?" Someone from my team asks. "Yes! When you see that somebody is stealing the flag, you touch them so they're "tagged". When you're tagged you have to go to the other team and wait until somebody from your team frees you, then you have to run to your side of the field again and you can play again." He explains further.

Nobody has any other questions so we begin to play. We said that we would make four rounds. Each round was about thirty minutes long.

The exhaustion starts to kick in but we still have the last round ahead of us. My team is loosing 2:1 but only because the other team is really harsh at tagging our team. Especially Liam, he just tackles us to ground when we try to come near their flag. One girl had to leave because she got hurt too bad because of him. I didn't try once to come near the flag because I don't want him to tackle me but I still want to at least have equal points, it's a vicious cycle.

~

"Shit" I got tagged so I make myself to the other team and wait until somebody safes me.

5 minutes passes by and nobody saved me so I begin to play with my fingers. "Lia!" Someone whisper yells my name suddenly. I look away from my fingers and search for the person. "Lia here" the person says again. I finally see them or rather Theo. He waves his hand in his direction so I follow him. Finally someone saved me.

He runs really fast meanwhile I'm really slow because my legs hurt. He turns around and sees me struggling. "Run faster or they will tag you again" he yells. "I would if I could" I yell and roll my eyes. He then runs up to me and stops right in front of me. I furrow my brows and before I can say anything I feel his hands on my legs. He picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. I let out a little squeal because I definitely did not expect this.

He runs to our side of the field and stops when we arrive. He then grabs my waist and slowly puts me down. I put my hands on his shoulder for stabilization. When I reach the ground he still holds onto my waist and I onto his shoulders. I put my head up and look into his eyes. We look at each other until I clear my throat and break eye contact. He lets go of my waist and I of his shoulders. That was weird.